You can't possibly fall in love someone so fast! [Not me, anyway.]

How do I make this more interesting for you so that I'll capture your attention from the beginning, and hold it till the end?

I don't want you to think this cliche.

So there's this guy...I found someone who makes me smile, laugh, want to cry, and my heart aches for him every waking moment.I think I might have actually found the one for me!

I met this guy no more than a week and a half ago. Strangely enough, his name is Edward, bringing a whole new meaning to the name I always thought sounded...Well, to be honest, gay. *smiles*

He's so hard for me to figure out. He's this huge challenge for me, and I'm not used to that.

I can usually take a person, crack them open like a [fortune] cookie, and tell them their fortune.

Not him.

He's so..Intriguing, and just, different.

I've never met anyone like him.

He overwhelms me.

He can get inside my head so easily. Finish my sentences, predict my thoughts, and he enjoys that he's such a mystery to me.

I fell hard and fast for this guy.

Just a couple months ago, my sister suspected her ex was cheating on her. A thought crossed my mind as she was freaking out about it and was washing the dishes. When I'm grown someday, married, if that should ever be, if I find out that my husband is cheating on me, or just a boyfriend, I don't think it would effect me that greatly. I tried to see it from different point of views and figure out why it might and why it wouldn't, but I just couldn't imagine it effecting me. The best thing I could come up with was, we'd work it out if we crossed that path.

Another thing is, I've never, and I'm not exaggerating this statement at all, but I have never been one to fall in love or say any I love you's quickly. The first guy I felt that I truly had feelings for, it took me six months to tell him. And I had to be absolutely positive with myself before I would even dare let myself speak the words. The second and last time until now, I didn't realize what I felt for him until it was over. A year.

But what I'm saying, is that I'm not one who falls in love at first sight, I've never been one to believe in all that. It's just not for me. Maybe for some, but not me.

Then I meet Edward. He changes my whole perspective on life, love, imagination, everything.

I feel like a light hearted child again. *smiles*

His brother came up and was like, "I thought you were just friends." I looked at him for the answer. He told him, "That's..Staying between us." So his brother huffed, "Fine." And walked away.

After he was gone, I asked him what we were. He simply looked down into my eyes and said, "In love."

So I questioned him..

How could he love me when he barely knows me? As a person. He already knew everything about me, practically.

He always tells me to trust him. I always tell him I do.

He doesn't know how badly he weakens me with those words. Or how badly I wish I were stronger around him.

I'm not one to freak out easily, especially over a guy, when it comes to not getting a quick response [texting]. But I got used to his quick replies. The longest it ever took him was maybe five or ten minutes. So I got used to that.

Well, the other day, I waited, and waited for his response, it was like thirty minutes and he hadn't replied. So I start to get agitated. And then the thought crossed my mind, he gets on myyearbook.com, his favorite site, a lot. So I put the towel down that I was wiping the counter with and ran to the computer quickly before anyone else got to it, just to see if he was on. He was. I signed off quickly, not wanting him to think I'm completely obsessed with him.

But as I went back to finishing up the kitchen, my heart hurt. It really hurt. A thought crossed my mind that he could be on there talking to other girls. That he could have other girls he sees and tells he that he loves, too. So I switched the song on my MP3 Player to "Unbreak My Heart" - Toni Braxton andpatiently awaited the reply I'd waited for for forty five minutes. He finally replied. Something simple. He always texts simple things.

So I finish debating with myself on whether or not I want to confront him about how many girls he truly loves, and I finally conjure up the courage to ask him. The following conversation went on [I have a good memory when it comes to this guy.]:

Me: Edward, if I ask you something, do you promise to be completely honest with me?

About five minutes later..

Edward: Yes.

Me: Exactly how many girls do you talk to that feel as I do?

A short while later..

Edward: None.

Me: Seriously Edward, all I want is the truth. You told me, our first conversation, how easily girls fall for you. When I asked how you manage that, you said..By kissing them.

A few minutes later..

Edward: Oh...

Me: Yeah. So tell me Edward, exactly how many girls do you love?

About five minutes or so later..

Edward: One.

With that, my heart dropped to my stomach. I'd meant to state my message differently, and apparently forgotten what I'd actually said. I'd meant to say, "How many other girls do you love?"

Me: Who?

Twenty minutes later, no reply. I get anxious..

Me: Edward, who is it?

Strangely enough, at that time, Michael Jackson's "Who Is It?" switched over from the previous song no sooner than I'd sent the message.

A few moments later..

Edward: You.

I didn't like the dizzy feeling I got just staring at it. The way my head whirled, or my stomach churned. I wanted to yell at him, tell him to tell me the truth because I felt he was lying to me. Instead I explained how he made me feel. Stupid me.

Honestly, I never expected so much as suspicion of cheating to hurt me. So why is it? Or did it? And why am I falling so fast for this guy?

Is it spur of the moment? Is it gonna go away? Is he playing tricks with my head? My heart? These are answers I need that people probably can't give me that will most likely be answered the hard way.

Regardless, your advice to me is always welcome, and I hope you'd know that.

Thank you for reading, if you've made it this far.

I appreciate it.

Kayla~
August 24th, 2009 at 02:32pm