Help...Help...HELP! Splinters Suck!

o_o

Okay, so I've like...Gone through about a whole page of links on Google on "how to remove a splinter", but they're all as simple as "take a pare of sterile tweezers" or "get a sterile needle and..blah...blah blah..."

I was just wondering if any of you guys could help me out here.
What does the splinter look like?
Well...It's about half a centimeter long or so. How did I get it? Well, I was putting my feet against the wall (which unfortunately, was wood) and got this here splinter. But what really got me thinking was how I got it; I mean, the wall is pretty clean, and a thin blanket was wrapped around my legs like a sleeping bag. So how did this small piece get into my skin? Nyeh.

So..Yeah. I was using my phone last night to look up way to remove it, while in bed, and found an article that suggested making some sort of solution by mixing baking soda and water and applying some of the solution onto a band-aid and put it over the splinter for 24 hours. And the supposed result was that the splinter would easily move out...?

Here's my main question; What are your home remedies to remove a splinter? Especially a small one such as mine?

Feedback is really, really appreciated. (;

- huzzah.
PS. I got this splinter...Yesterday. And yes, it still isn't out. I've heard about infections if it's in too long..So i'm kinda nervous about that. Please, PLEASE help me out here. The splinter doesn't hurt, but it is a bit red. >:[
August 25th, 2009 at 04:00am