I just got the worst news ever. On the brightside, ETID's still got it!

The good news:


That's right. ETID's new video, "Wanderlust." Seriously, they still go it. Even after losing Ratboy. Josh sounds amazing on bass, and I hope he sticks around. Jordan and Andy's guitar playing keeps getting better with each album. And Keith's voice! My word it's better than I remembered, and that's saying something. If I'm not mistaken, that's Zach (their sound dude) playing drums in the video. Obviously Ratboy on the track, but still.

And the artwork? The artwork was done by none-other than Jordan Buckley! Seriously, he did the artwork for the album and they used it and brought it to life for the video! Incredible.

The bad news:

My grandpa has been battling lung cancer for the past couple years. He's been in and out of hospitals the entire time. He was admitted for dehydration the other night. Yesterday, after they gave him some medicine to help him sleep (he kept getting out of bed and trying to take his IV out) they were unsure of his condition and made my grandma sign a DNR (Do Not Resusitate) just in case. That's when everyone knew things weren't too good. Today they got back some test results. My mom is up at the hospital now, I'm at my grandma's to clean. She called while I was out to lunch with some friends. They've given him a couple weeks.

As much as it upsets me to lose my grandpa, I'm more worried about my gramma. She had a tough enough time yesterday with having to sign those papers. I can't even imagine her state right now.

I know that after the inevitable, horrible thing happens, he won't be in pain anymore. But still, it's going to be tough. I'm really not ready for this after losing Synnie not so long ago (as crazy as that sounds). It's kinda like one sh*tstorm after another. I just got this job, I called off Saturday, and I just called off for tomorrow through Sunday. I can't afford to lose it, but if I keep calling off, which I might have to, I probably will. As much as I need this job, my family is more important. I can always find another job, even if it takes for ever.
August 26th, 2009 at 10:21pm