My Granny

I'm surely strong enough to talk about this.

Yesterday evening at around 5 P.M., I asked my mom if we could go and see my Granny because I felt the need to go and see her. I kept urging my mom to let me go and see her. My mom decided to go because she had to get something from her house anyways.

When we turned down North street, we saw the ambulance. My mom and my brother started panicking. I remained calm on the outside, trying to convince them that it was the neighbors. They settled at the thought for the moment. Somewhere deep inside me I had a feeling it was at my Granny's house.

My mom sped the car up and pulled up to the house right when we saw the stretcher and the body. My mom and brother jumped out of the car and ran over to her. I stood out of the car and looked over the car. All I could see was the khaki pants that were an inch too high above her ankles that she wore too often.

I watched as my aunt ran over to my mom who was holding her face with tears spilling across her face with make up running down her cheeks. My aunt was the same way. Her boyfriend was right behind the nurses and medical experts considering he himself knew all about the physics of saving a life.

Two minutes later and my brother and I were ushered to a neighbors house that we knew for a while. Tears began to fill my eyes. I roped my arm around my brother as we walked down the street to the neighbors' house. My mom, aunt, uncle, and grandpa sped off after the ambulance that held our mother, wife, and grandmother.

People from every house on the street watched us as we two siblings thought of the fate of our life long Granny.

A hour and a half later, we waited for our mother to come back and tell us the news. I tried to convince my brother that our Granny was strong. I knew she was, I just had to convince him.

My mom came several minutes later bursting through the door. She looked at me and said, "I have to talk to you two."

She took us outside of the house and looked at both of us.

"Granny's gone. She's dead."

I tried to process the words that came out of her mouth. My mind began to spin. I heard my brother yell, "What?!" through his tears. My mom and brother fell to their knees while I stood with tears falling down my face.

I lost a teacher, a best friend, a grandmother, my hero.

Anna Gray died at age 57. Too young to die if you ask me. I somewhere knew deep down that she was sick. We still don't know for sure what happened. We won't know till Monday.

She seemed less happy and forced laughs or smiles. They still brightened the room as well as my mood. She was amazing in every way. Whether she was known as a relative, co-worker, or a teacher. She loved everyone.

Through the last month of school I got to learn and love her more than ever. I'm glad I had the chance. She became my world. I wouldn't have made it through middle school without her. I wouldn't have become the person I am today without her. I loved her.

To everyone else in the family, she was a part of every one. To everyone that got to know her even the least bit somehow made their day brighter even if they couldn't tell. She truly did.

This is a difficult time for the entire Gray family along with the Laksonen family. This was completely unexpected, but in a way we knew. I'm not much of a supersticious person, but I don't know how I knew to come to her. It was almost like one of those telepathy things. I just can't believe she's gone.

Whether you be a relative, a friend, a co-worker, a student, or maybe just someone that knew her somehow else, we would be more than glad to have you come to her funeral. The information will be later on below.

Anna, otherwise known as Granny to me, was a great person. She was almost invincible, but not invincible to death. She was everything to me and I will love her forever and ever. All we ask is for help and comfort to the whole family and including friends. She left too soon. May her soul rest at peace. We love you, Granny.
August 30th, 2009 at 04:49am