The Unbearable Umbrage of Being.

Friday sucked and Saturday sucks. The former featured: crappiness at improv, acute social dysphoria, acting like an out-of-it dumbass due to consistent lack of sleep because they lied to me about sophomore year being easier than freshman year, everyone suddenly being able to pronounce French just slightly better than me, jealousy of intimacy between siblings, realization that there are now two attractive, amazing, and unattainable guys in the world to torture me now, wishing I had a Polaroid, not going to the game, and passing off brushing my teeth because I was way too tired.

The latter featured being a general waste of life in front of the tv for a few hours and a ghastly familial argument resulting in wild sobbing and carrying on from both parties, crying-induced animal sounds, crying-induced hyperventilation, crying-induced gross-sounding mangling of speech, crying-induced failure of legs to keep standing and resulting lying prostrate on floor, etc. Never so bad. The worst part is that the fight, in almost the exact same manner but not quite as extreme, has happened about a thousand times before and will continue to happen a thousand times more in the future. I don't know, but I think we might need help. I know it's not gonna happen, however, which, let's face it, is also a relief.

A bit of good news, though. I heard that the school musical next year is supposed to be Les Misérables. And I think I plan on trying out. I just don't think I'll be good enough to make it, because I haven't been in a play since the third grade, and there are so many better singers and actors in the school than me, and goddamnit I put it on my fucking bucket list that I wanted to be in a musical, and high school is my last chance to make it into a musical with relative ease, and I know for sure that I'll never get a chance like fucking LES MISERABLES ever, ever again, whatdoIdowhatdoIdo?

Damn it.

I guess the one good thing I can focus on right now is that I've found sheet music for Comptine d'une autre été, l'apres-midi by Yann Tiersen. I just have to wait until my mom comes home with a replacement color cartridge so I can print it.
August 30th, 2009 at 07:56am