TwiTour 2009 [I got to meet the Hillywood Show and a lot of pictures are involved]

On Friday I went to TwiTour 2009 with Jessi and my mom. We left the house a little after nine to get to the hotel for 11:45 for registration. We got there early, went to Starbucks, and went to the first vendor room. We got a few things and then went to registration. We got purple bracelets and then we were allowed to go into the main vendor room. Mom wasn’t allowed in since she didn’t have a ticket so we left her.

Image
Image

The main reason I went to TwiTour was to see the Hillywood Show, I really wanted to meet them. Well I found them pretty quickly and after we looked at the rest of the room we went to their table. Their mom was selling their stuff, she was really nice. I got a shirt and since I got that I was able to get a picture with them. Hannah, she plays Alice in their parody, asked me if I wanted Drew, who plays Jasper, to bite me since I had on my Jasper shirt. So I got a picture with Drew biting my wrist.

Image

After that Jessi and I sat against the wall to wait for 12:30 when we were going to be allowed into the main room. We were sitting next to a mom and her son and we talked to her a little, they ended up having the seats next to us. At 12:45 the Hillywood Show came out and greeted us then they showed their Twilight Parody (which you should watch if you haven’t seen it already). Then Catherine Hardwicke came out.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

She is so funny; she just kept making one joke after another. She did a good job keeping us entertained for an hour. Some of the questions she answered were “Do you have any funny stories about Jackson Rathbone?”, “If you could remake the movie, what would you do differently?” (the answer to that was build a dome over the set because of the weather), “How do you feel about the new directors?”, and questions about filming and directing. After she finished they showed the New Moon trailer which caused a lot of screams when Jacob showed up. Then there was a Yes/No Trivia game. I played the second round and got out on the first question, I am very ashamed of myself.

We went to lunch at the hotel restaurant after that. They had Twilight themed covers for the menus so later on my mom “acquired” one for me. Then we went back to the main room and caught the ending of the Twilight Lexicon panel. After that was the Making of the Hillywood Show film (which can be found on YouTube) and their Q&A. Then there was a video from Mike Welch since he had to cancel due to filming. He was really funny because he just kept screwing up until he finally started over.

Image
Image

After that Gil Birmingham (who plays Billy Black) came on stage. Jessi and I weren’t sure if we wanted to stay but then we found out how funny he is and stayed. Once everyone found out he was a bodybuilder they wanted him to take his shirt off, he wouldn’t though. The Hillywood Show asked the questions that were submitted and a bunch of them were submitted by Anonymous so after a while everyone was just laughing about it. One thing that he talked about was how he got letters from people in wheelchairs who thank him for not portraying Billy as a depressed person because he’s in a wheelchair, instead he makes Billy lively. He also talked about how he now realizes what it’s like for people in wheelchairs and how limited they are.

Image
Image
Image

When he finished Jessi and I hightailed it out of there because we wanted to get autographs from the Hillywood Show. They weren’t out yet so we talked with their mom who, like I said before, was really nice. There was a portable DVD player set up and their parody was playing so we watched it and I was going to do the dance but Hannah and Drew came out and I was intimidated by them because while joking a lot Drew looks kind of scary as Jasper. So I got their autographs and then Hilly and Jacob (Bella and Edward) came out and signed the pictures. We got to talk a little but then we had to leave.

Image

That was it for the day so Jessi and I found mom and decided what we were going to do next. We decided to go to the pool. There were a bunch of little kids so we hung out in the deep end and then moved onto the hot tub which was extremely chlorinated. We didn’t stay in there long, probably less than an hour. Then we showered and headed back down to the vendors room.

This was like the highlight of my day. I got to talk to the cast of the Hillywood Show! First I asked Hannah who was taller, me or her. I’m taller than her but Hilly’s taller than me. So we talked for a little and I asked if they were coming back next year. They said that they have to be asked back so I have to find out how to contact Creation Net and ask them to invite them back. We ended up going back after we left because my mom wanted to show them her “Dance of the Vampires” shirt.

Then we got Starbucks and just hung out and talked. It was fun and we had a lot of laughs. We went back to the room about 8:30 and watched Family Guy, then the Wedding Singer. By ten we were ready for bed because we had to get home early. There were a lot of loud girls in the hotel, however, and the hotel played music all night long so it wasn’t really a good night sleep.

I had so much fun, I can’t wait to go back next year. I really hope the Hillywood Show can go. Here are some more pictures.

Image
Everything I bought

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
August 31st, 2009 at 04:31am