Really Good Writers.

I've been planning on making one of these for a really long time because there's a lot of great writers on the site. And I bet everyone knows who they are, but just so I can have a list for myself and, also, spread the word. So here goes.

1.) masterpiece theatre - One of my favorites on the site. She's got it all going for her, no kidding. Has anyone read her John Ohh story, Hemorrhage? Wait, everyone has? Oh yeah, right. That's probably because it's the bomb. Really. And, to a greater extent, she's got some of the best The Maine fics out there right now. So seriously. Hop to it and go read her stuff.

2.) maesaysdance - So this lady used to have a story called Glitter Babies that I absolutely adored. And for some reason (though I'm not sure what that reason might be) she took it off. It really did make me sad for quite a while. But, when I randomly checked back to her profile, she said she was bringing it back! And I'm like, "HUZZAH!" Because it was a really great story. So everyone needs to read that shit because her female characters have the most amazing personalities and character traits. It's good stuff, trust me.

3.) break.my.bones - Sunshiner is such an amazing story. I'm sure you've all heard of this one, as well. It's a legend. Seriously. And I'm not just saying that, it could probably get published. And not just that story, but a lot of her other works, like Harbour Lights, are really great, too. I'm not quite sure what else to say except that they're really just amazing and you need to read them NOW.

4.) towers - Dear Jesus, don't get me started on We Were Birds. Just don't do it, please. I won't be able to stop. She has just the most adorable way with words. Every story she writes makes you feel like you're living in a fairytale.

5.) all x wrong - She's got this Brendon Urie story that I couldn't stop reading, Lips Made of Yarn. It's not a horrible songfic, though; the title actually makes sense with this one. I'm not trying to spoil anything for you, but it's really creative and stuff. Bden is a mute, which means he doesn't talk out loud. And the main character is just awesome. I haven't read anything else she's written, but I really think you need to check her out. If you're into the whole Ryan/Brendon slash stuff, she's got a whole bunch and people had said good things about that.

6.) zachary james. - So, first of all, I started reading this story she's got, Streets, back in like, either January or February. And, seriously, it is epic. There is only one chapter left, and that makes me really depressed. But either way. I'm basically just telling you all that she's got a really great way with words that I probably won't be able to compare to, ever. And she has ideas that actually have substance, unlike so many writers on this website. So, really. Go check out her stories. They're fantastic.

7.) neon tiger. - Her stories are friggin' heart stoppers. Like, she's got this one Garrett Nickelsen story that I'm in love with, but she says she won't update it until her other stories are all over. You know what I say? Rebellion. I've probably read the first chapter like four times, no lie. Go check it out, it's called Yes, You. Good stuff there. Oh, and a little side note, her layouts are adorable.

8.) pokopox - I haven't finished an entire story by this girl, but I just found her through Alex's journal post, which follows along the lines of this one. But I swear, I started reading this story she's got, and it's like a modern-day fairytale retelling of The Little Mermaid. Just look for it, I forgot the name but I swear it's great. And she's got tons of other ones and there are a couple of one shots from what I've seen. Overall, she's a really good writer so you should definitely check her out! She deserves way more comments than what she has.

9.) alexandra. - I just went through and read her entire story, Descent, and I can honestly say that story is one of my favorites on this site. She only has eight chapters of it, but I probably took a good hour to an hour and a half writing her this big, fat love letter/comment on her story. So you should all go read that story because it's amazing!

Not to worry, there are definitely more that will be put up because there's so many fantastic writers on the site. But for now, at least check out these four. They're worth it.
August 31st, 2009 at 06:40am