Michael Jackson, Too Much?

I was driving in the car when we Heard " Man in the Mirror." My mother and I got into a conversation about Michael Jackson. We discussed it all the way home. That's when my father came to us.
" Did you hear who died today?"
"No, who?"
"Michael Jackson."

I froze. Wait What was that? Did you just say Michael Jackson died? The unexpected had happened, who would have thought that the King of Pop, a legend had just died. He wasn't too old, and he seemed to be getting back on his feet with his big upcoming tour. How could this be?

I turned on the TV. He was everywhere. His funeral on TV, tributes, everything you could imagine. I was literally shocked. I was a big Michael Jackson fan. I remembered myself singing Dirty Diana in the mirror. I remember when I had a crush on him just based on his voice. I remember the move that I called " The Crotch Grab" and me and my cousin would imitate it laughing. I remembered the times where me and my mother baked cookies while doing the Thriller dance covered in flour. MJ had become a man who was in a lot of people's lives. It's amazing how we do not personally know someone and they can change your life forever. One person can make such a great impact on your life without you noticing.

Then a month later everything was still Michael Jackson. The news was raving about the truth. The doctor, the drugs, the moment MJ died. Even though we all could have guessed days before everyone confirmed the truth, we were still shocked. Who knew that he suffered so much? That he had to take heavy drugs just to close his eyes at night? That he was in so much pain?

It made me think of the days people made fun of me.
" You're stupid if you like his music, it's crap."
"Michael Jackson is a child molester"
"You're gay, you listen to this?"
"He bleached himself, his nose is falling off."
"He sounds like a woman"

It made me think of all the people who failed the poor man. People didn't know the real him, but the media had a great way of making him look bad. He was charged with so many crimes and he came out not guilty so many times. How much more were they going to do to the poor man? How much more were they going to punish him for things he didn't do?

Michael Jackson was a man who loved children. Who believed in being a kid, that's why he was the way he was. He was a man who believed in dreams. he built Never land Theme park just for that. He adored kids, heck he had some of his own. I read up on how he liked to watch movies with kids and snuggle up in blankets and just have a good time with his children. That's all he wanted. Like in Peter Pan, Neverland was a place where kids didn't have to grow up. Where they were children forever. where they placed all day, had no responsibilities and had fun.

People turned their backs on him. They forgot the music, they forgot the good he did. All they could think about was this: " Bleach,Child Rapist,Bleach." The people who did this made me sick. The people who made fun of others for liking him, the people who used to like him but bashed him. The people who hid the fact that they loved him because they didn't want to seem stupid.

When I saw those people all of a sudden shocked and horrified I laughed. I literally laughed in their faces and rolled my eyes. Now you care? Now you give a damn? After all the times you completely bashed a person you didn't know you feel bad? A lot of people who didn't care made it such a big deal he died. I serious laughed in hysterics as I watched them say " He was such a good Musician, such a legend."

People treated him horribly yet payed so much for tributes and merchandise and all this crap that they wouldn't have done if he was still alive. He was broke for reasons that weren't all his fault. people suing him for dumb reasons, not letting him live. He seemed like an alright guy. So what he turned White, it wasn't us to decide for him what he could and couldn't do. So what he put a blanket over his child's head and showed him off on a balcony. His daughter cried hard at his funeral stating what a great father he was.

MJ wasn't in the news all too much other than the times people would try to take his money or if something bad happened. And all of a sudden because of his death people decided that, this was just the world ending. I think people took it way to far. A lot of people have died this year. Billy Mays died, people found out about drugs he took and everything. He was a legend to commercials. Seriously, I remember him from when I was like five. No one really paid attention.

I know MJ was a legend, but people were starting to forget about him. Some people were starting to forget his music, and the way he changed the world. They only went to the gossip to get good stuff to talk about. I remembered MJ as a guy who completely changed music to me. He was a man who made me sing his songs without even knowing at the time it was him. Billy Jean was the first song I sang at my first singing competition. Butterflies has been one of my all time favorite songs. Bad made me want to get up and dance. Scream made me sing while mopping the floor and dancing with the mop. Thriller was too over played but never seemed to leave my head. Black Or White made me think. Man In the Mirror made me feel like crying.

It was a hard loss. It just makes some of us irritated when there are so many people who smashed him whether it be a celebrity or regular person out there and now, they are all for the big Michael Jackson,

Get real.

PS: His doctor should be hung. I'm just saying.

Rest in Peace Michael Jackson, no one else on earth let you. Now you can, out of the public life, eternal sleep to make up for the restless nights.
August 31st, 2009 at 06:43am