If You're a Runner, Please Help

Hello Nimrods,

How are all you guys doing?

It's been a while since I've posted a journal. There really isn't much to say about my life, I don't think. I got myself a job, and I am continuing to be as committed on here as I was before to posting my stories and what not. I feel like I need to try harder, but I don't want to force myself to write, because then I think I'm going to be rushing it, and that is not what I want at all.

Anyway, I'm getting off topic of what I really wanted to post.

Okay, so I am a running addict and I love to run for, like, 2 hours of my day. The thing is, I have really weak legs. I honestly don't know what to do anymore; I stretch them a lot before and after runs, I continuously buy casts for them in case my knee, ankle, or thigh really hurts and I'll wear them as I run. However, each time I fix one problem of my legs, a new problem comes up. For instance, I just got myself a knee sling thing for when I run because the inside of my knee was bugging me, and after I got that taken care of, on my other leg, my ankle starts bugging up.

Now I have gone to taking muscle pain killer pills that take away the pain in a snap. I can run so much better now -- actually, I've never run so good in my life until I started taking these pain killers. I'm instructed on the bottle to take them 4 times a day, but Ive only been taking them before I go running. Now that it's late at night, and it's been a few hours since I took them and went running, the effects have obviously gone away, and now my ankle hurts again.

I want to keep taking them before I go running, but I don't know if I'm doing more harm to my body than good. Like, honestly, I'm sick of always getting injured. Since when does an 18 year old have trouble walking up and down the stairs? I really want to run as much as I can, but I don't want to feel like I'm going through Hell to do it.

Is there a better route I can go to fixing this problem?

Thanks for the help.

Lots of love,
from
Jimmi Wright-Cool<3
August 31st, 2009 at 07:51am