One Final Update

Hey Internet. Sorry it's been a while. I've been busy with all kinds of things, and on Wednesday, I will be leaving for Europe and will most likely not be on for about three weeks. I just published the latest chapter of A Comedy of Errors which I feel needed to be done before I left. It would be much appreciated if you could perchance take a look at it. It's probably my favorite chapter so far.

If you do read it, however, I would like to put in a disclaimer: the latest chapter features scenes of drug use and scenes in a meth lab. I do not, and never plan to engage in the use of hard drugs, nor have I ever made crystal meth or been inside a meth lab. I actually went and did quite a lot of research into the subject. I know it seems weird to try and impose realism onto a story about Batman, but I feel it would be best. I do not condone the use of drugs and I hope you guys are smart enough to know how bad it is. I know you hear this enough from your parents, but take it from me; if even Hellcat doesn't do it, it's not worth it.

For my readers, I really hope you do like it.

I promise when I get back from Europe, I'll bring back stories of drunken chicanery in the Highlands. I'm actually really looking forward to it. I just got a new camera today, so I'll take a bunch of pictures. Maybe I'll snag a picture of Nessie. I'll try, but I can't promise anything. Any of you ever been to Scotland?

I hope your summers' have been kind to you. Summer has always been my favorite season. It was nice to see a bunch of my friends, some of whom have gone and studied abroad (and by that, I mean they went to UVic.) One girl I went to school with studies architecture at the University of Glasgow, so we're hoping to connect and have a few beers together. My friend Jay just got back from Korea, so for his birthday, my friend Kyle and I took him to the Pacific National Exhibition.

Image
Kyle & The Rock. No, really. I swear it's not a cardboard cutout.

Image
Jay - I'm going to place him in an easily escapable situation involving an overly elaborate and exotic death.

Image
I can be Bootylicious too.

Image
The Caramelldansen was the big thing this summer.

After that, a friend of mine from Toronto came out for a few days. Zia and I took him out on his last night to see the Japandroids. We met up a few hours beforehand for some pre-drinking at the Pan Pacific.

Image
Zia brought this over. Every 6 pack you buy makes them plant a tree. So: it's cheap, you get drunk, and you save the world. Vancouver is AWESOME!

Image
Zia, myself & Jack. I was having trouble. I didn't wanna risk breaking a nail. Because I'm such a woman like that.

Image
We got drunk and decided to make some funny faces. This is probably my favorite new picture ever. It's the background on my desktop. Zia's face just cracks me up. I think he's kinda cute. He looks better IRL. But don't tell anybody, guys. I trust you.

Image
Then we played Secret Agents for a while.

Image
And then I stole Zia's hat.

I sure showed him who's boss.

I will go There and Back Again.
- Linden
August 31st, 2009 at 12:59pm