That made me feel shitty.

Hello...Im writing another journal thingamijig cos I was lurking around Buzznet and I read something that made me feel a bit sad, a bit angry and totally weirded out.

See, some person there wrote a journal on Gerard Way... yes, another My Chem entry...sue me...you wont get a dime! So anyiero, she was saying that she works for the MCR Streetteam and she did alot of work; put in the extra hours and as a reward, she was able to meet the band at an intimate meet and greet. Obviously, she was really excited but she got there and it was like the guys minus Frank but G.Way esp, couldnt be bothered to be there and made clear as day with thier actions, that they didnt want to be there.
Yeah, so she went on saying other things about it and the only saving grace for that day was Frank; he was the only one who actually made an effort and didnt treat the fans like shite.

I read it and I was shocked. For one, to put yourself on the line, working day and night to rep your fave band and then have them regard you with disdane is very ungreatful, not to mention disrespectful. And then to have Worm telling you how to act, what you can do, what you cant do; I can see he is doing a job, but then if the fans cant even show their excitement, it kinda takes the fun out of the whole experience, right? The above is what made me angry.

But she's right. I have noticed a change in the elder Way. Back in the days of Bullets and Revenge, it's like, he would go out of his way to embrace the fans, was greatful for their love and support and would go to great lengths to come out after a show and sign shit or chat. But now, it's like, that spark has gone. Like now, its just not as important and he's the one doing us a favour. Thats a baaaaad attitude to have and its even worse to project that image to the fans who built you up to where you are right now.

I know there's gonna be times when he's having an off day, or he's tired, or he's not feeling well but seriously, sometimes you gotta suck it up and wear that fake smile. Just for a little bit. It would seem that Mr Way is becoming something he never wanted to be, but at what cost? Frank still manages to do these things and never complains. Though of late, he seems to be the only one even willing to do that shit.

Fandom is beginning to divide and most are blaming Gerard, his private life and people he surrounds himself with. Its quite sad. And the thing that stands out most is that MCR fans, more so the newer ones, have put him on such a high pedestal, but forget that chances are that if he or MCR as a whole were ever to fall from grace, its a long way down.
That's why I always tell myself that in theory, meeting your idol would be amzing, though the reality would lead you to disappointment, so it's something I would never do...unless its Frank Iero, lol.

My mother always told me that ' you should remember who you meet on the way up, cos you might need them on the way down.'. I think Gerard and the rest of MCR would do well to remember that before its too late.
May 21st, 2007 at 04:22pm