November 9th 2007 Avenged Sevenfold Concert

November 9th, 2007
The Fillmore, Detroit

Avenged Sevenfold Concert
Featuring:
Black Tide, The Confession, and Operator

A beautiful night for a concert-hell the night doesn’t matter, I’m finally here! Avenged Sevenfold is here! After months of knowing, after being told I didn’t have a chance to come, I am finally here! Standing in a line that’s wrapping around the entrance and across the street, but here. My ticket in my pockets embrace, I stand in line looking at the fans around, fans passing. Oogling the Avenged tee's, Vengeance University tee's and nummie dudes with mohawks.

Last night I couldn’t sleep, excitement woke me up from some not-so active sleep. Today I wasn’t able to sit still for longer then ten minutes, reapplying my make-up at least three times. Finally getting that ticket in my clutch I screamed, I jumped, I shrieked, I was fucking happy! Knowing there was no way I was missing the best thing ever. When the concert sign came into view, the large bold letters reading Avenged Sevenfold, I screamed once again. Tonight was the night for screams, eeeks, for anyfuckingthing!

The line moves up little by little, I’m not paying much attention to the conversation my friends are having, I’m in my own world. We're getting closer, I screamed inside my head, eeking loudly on the outside. As we crossed the street a dude walked over to our section of the line.

"Ladies first, follow me." One of my friends and I followed the other group of chicks, this is one time I’m happy for being a girl. We get checked out by security, our tickets looked at and move on to the balcony.

"Where the hell are our seats?" I asked looking down at my ticket, reading seat 120.

"Doesn’t matter, sit anywhere you like." Another dude who was standing at the balcony entrance said to us, we eeked and jumped. Quickly going down to the front row, our seats: Balcony, Front Row and Center. Couldn’t be any better. Talking to some other fans as the place started filling up, one of my two friends had to sit elsewhere...only one seat in our row had been left when they finally got to us.

The stage wasn’t clear, but there wasn’t an act on it yet. Guitar techs were doing they're job as terrible music played. "Jamaican music at a fucking rock concert?" I heard someone around me say, I started up a small conversation with him. Yes, me conversing with actual people. But these people are different, these people are Avenged Sevenfold fans.

7:15pm

Black Tide takes the stage, music blaring in my ears as the four guys on staged rocked out. The guitarist talked into the microphone a few times, as did the lead vocals.

"What's up Detroit Rock City?" Asking for our participation in their performance. I clap, scream and throw up the metal/rock signs to them. For young dudes they're pretty damn good. After six songs they said they're byes and left the stage, the lights turning on once more.

"They we're good!" I said to my friends, one of whom looked bored out of his mind-loser. I started up a conversation with two Avenged fans who were sitting behind me. One who looked kinda nummie...

Guitar techs and stage people walked around the stage, setting up for The Confession. A blonde dude took the drums, people around us said he sucked because he basically did the same thing over and over again. I’m thinking so what, but I decided to keep my mouth shut.

8:10pm

Energetic and screaming-The Confession took stage sometime later. Opening up with a great song, this band makes me think of buying their cd.

"What’s going on Detroit?" Their singer called out as he took the microphone, walking around the stage. "We are The Confession, give it up for the band that played before us-Black Tide and the band up after us-Operator. And for the band we are all here for tonight, Avenged Sevenfold!" The audience screamed out so fucking loud to their name. Their name alone made me scream my loudest yet. Sending little tingles through my body. "This next song is called 'No Angel'." After another two songs The Confession left the stage. Screams and applauses echoing out the theatre.

Tempting as it is to head to the merch booth I stayed in my seat, can't say why really but something just told me to wait. Like before guys came out to get the stage ready for Operator, music playing as we waited.

8:40pm

Operator takes the stage, their first song pleasurable to the ears and ending it with a verse of Pantera's Walk.

"What the fuck do you say Detroit?" The dude on vocals asked as he too walked around the smallish stage. "Now Avenged Sevenfold is backstage, they can hear you. How loud can you get for them?" The moment is building, I screamed louder, but by far not my loudest. Operator performs another song, I scream and rock out some more.

"I want you guys to get loud for us and for Avenged Sevenfold. When I say 'Theres [I don't remember all that he said -_-;] no pussy mother fuckers!"

"Theres...no pussy mother fuckers!" I screamed, shouted and yelled back to them, really getting pumped because shortly Avenged Sevenfold! Avenged fucking Sevenfold will be right in front of my eyes playing the music that-words can't describe!

"Who can be louder right side or the left side?" Called out the same dude. "I want you all on this side to scream as loud as you can and give me the finger!" Our side did so, I screamed loud, very fucking loud. Left side took their turn. "Again!" He shouted out, we screamed again and after the left side took another swing at it Operator left the stage with screaming fans.

"Oh my fucking god they are next!" I eeked to my buddy, grabbing onto her.

"Think they'll be on like what 9:30?"

"Probably...."

"Calm down! Breathe. Don't forget to breathe." She said to me as I started to lose slight control.

"I might cry."

"I won't doubt it if you do." And I started screaming. Fans surrounding looked over to me or the stage, there it fucking is! Synyster Gates' pimp-stripe guitar! "Why the fuck is she screaming?" I overheard some loser. A minute or so later Zacky Vengeances' latest model was carried out. And I screamed again. "Seriously it’s a guitar." Same loser from before said, but oh well. I screamed and pointed when I saw the guitars, my friend following my lead.

"Its 9:45."

"They'll be starting at ten." I shrieked slightly, also slightly shaking from excitement.

10:00pm

The lights go out and I see all five members take their places, I feel a tear come to my eyes as Critical Acclaim started and I jumped to my fucking feet. Screaming along with Matt, throwing the metal sign up in the air and banging my head. “HEY, HEY, HEY” Screaming along 'HEY' when Critical Acclaim called for it.

"Detroit Rock City! How’s everyone doing?" Oh my fucking god, he spoke! I screamed for him, screamed my response. "Thank you all for coming out here tonight, this song is called Remenissions." Screaming along my eyes followed Matt’s movements, ever so often I looked to Synyster or Zacky, Johnny or Rev. Remenissions ends beautifully and Beast and the Harlot starts up.

"This shining city built of gold, a far cry from innocence!" I screamed along, fuck singing this isn’t a sing-along time! Beast and the Harlot ended all too quick like always, Burn It Down following. During Burn It Down he took off his sunglasses! Eeep! I jumped up and down, I screamed, I was getting so amped up, so excited everything starts spinning. Whoa, but I won't stop, must keep screaming along!

"This next song is called I Won't See You Tonight." Oh wow my song, the first song I ever cried to. The beautiful softness started out and as soon as Matt's voice hit my ears tears escaped my eyes. I swayed back and forth on my feet as my friend now took her seat, I sang along trying not to pass out. I was shaking but I didn’t care, I wasn’t sitting down. Not unless I fall out. I can't believe it, there they are! Avenged Sevenfold, right in front of my eyes. I Wont See You Tonight filled my ears, and I felt not only warm inside but slightly sadden. Effect of the song I guess, or the fact that this concert won't last forever...My eyes followed Matt, he walked off stage after the song ended.

Where was he going? Not bothering to dry my tears I didn’t take my eyes off the backstage door, every few seconds my eyes darting to the stage. Once Zacky’s voice entered my ears I looked back to the stage, he was speaking. "I don't really know what to say at these times." Synyster said into his microphone with what I could tell was a laugh.

"Johnny Christ’s birthday is today, lets all wish him a happy birthday." Zacky said, even though it’s really the 18th, nice thought to give us a chance to tell him happy birthday. He's back, Matt's back into my view once more, woot!

"We want to thank all of you who support our new album. We love coming to Detroit." Matt spoke to us, I freaked out just a little bit more inside. How he looked on stage, Godly, beautiful. His mohawk nicely spiked and just yummy! Afterlife started up and I screamed along, banging my hands on the balcony banister. Every now and again holding onto it just to make sure I don't pass out. How that would suck, wait till after the show.

"I broke my microphone, I’m a douche." Matt said out to us through a new mic, "No your not!" I screamed, looking down on him in awe. "I’m a fucking dumbass." I noticed his mouth, he laughed, he was laughing. How fucking adorable!

"Since I can't seem to use this right I’m going to need you guys to sing along, this song is Almost Easy. When I say 'I’m not insane, I’m not insane,' you sing it back to me." Drums started up and I screamed along every fucking lyric. Like in the video Matt did that pouting-head nod-where he looks pissed off. That makes me melt. "IM NOT INSANE, IM NOT INSANE!"

"We really do love coming to Detroit Rock City." Matt started off as he walked along the stage, throwing a water bottle into the audience. I noted Syn walking over to the side of the stage and taking a drink of beer. The main floor was one huge mosh pit-I’m thinking ow. Not ow ezackly but I rather watch the guys then push people around.

Scream started and I screamed! Screamed along and jumped around, banging fists and nearly passing out. The balcony felt like it was swinging, whoa. You'd think a terrible feeling? Not a chance, Avenged Sevenfold is in front of me! Wow...they were just on TV and now-unbelievable. Ignoring the dizziness, the shakiness, my eyes remained on stage, my mouth still screaming along. Scream ends and I let out an applauding scream of my own, along with everyone else.

"This next song is called, Unholy Confessions." One of my favorites off Waking The Fallen whooshed through my ears, once again I can't believe I’m here. Screaming, jumping; dying tomorrow wouldn’t be a problem. Matt walked around the stage, owning it as Synyster and Zacky dueled on their guitars, drums thumping faster then my heart and Johnny entertainingly playing the fuck out of his bass. Beginning of Bat Country sounded and I seemed to get [if possible] more amped. Matt's growling made me...correct word would be swoon? Yeah swoon, among countless other words.

Last note of Bat Country filled my ears and then bam! It's all over, everything fading to black and seeing their bodies walk off stage. The lights came half way on. Overwhelming sadness but joy filled me, tears starting to pour from my eyes slowly. The theatre erupted in 'SEVENFOLD'! I started clapping, stomping my feet and screaming 'SEVENFOLD'! too.

'SEVENFOLD! SEVENFOLD! SEVENFOLD!' We the audience chanted for thirty seconds to a minute when a form walked onto the stage. A light centering on M. Shadows, "You guys still here?" He said laughing, awe how adorable! Zacky Vengeance, Johnny Christ, Synyster Gates and The Rev walked back onto the stage. "Zacky Vengeance is going to start us off, this song is Seize the Day." Lights dimmed and Zacky walked up to his microphone, [from my point of view Zacky's on the left side of the stage]. Zacky lightly strummed his guitar and his voice echoed through the speakers,

"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost. It's empty and cold without you here, too many people to ache over." Getting teary eyed again I sang along, taking in deep breaths.

Seize the Day was over way too soon, the lights came on and Avenged Sevenfold was off stage. Around me I could hear the shuffle of feet, though it seemed distant as loud as it was. I start shaking, it’s hard to breath and my vision is so blurred.

"Come on lets go." My friends said tugging at my sleeve. "You ok?" I hadn’t noticed I was even crying, honestly I’m ok but I’m not. Only shaking my head I started walking with them, coming to the stairs I felt dizzier then before when the stage started swaying. My friend put her arm around me to help me walk, "Let’s try to get her something to drink or something. She looks....you alright?" I nodded again, not really listening. Tears still falling as I still shook as we got out of the balcony.

"I---I--I---wanna sit..." I say as I see a bench, she walked me over and I sat. "Everything is closed." Her boyfriend said a few moments later as I was still crying and shaking, breathing heavily. "Oh my god, she's overreacting. It’s just a concert." Across the room I heard two chicks mutter, well not so much as mutter since I heard them clearly. "Let’s go." I said a minute or so later, standing to my feet with slight struggle.

People were filing out, crowds of people, my friend kept a grip on me as we walked. A person was handing out small book-mark looking papers. I looked down at it, looked at the reverse side and screamed. A small Avenged Sevenfold picture was near the bottom.

"You ok?" I nodded to her, we got outside and stopped near the front of the theatre. "Hang on lemmie' get a picture of the sign." She took a picture on her cell of Avenged Sevenfold's name in large, bold, black letters. "That good?" Nodding to her boyfriend took his arm off me and she continued to help me walk. Walking down the street more tears came out, I’m still shaking out of excitement and...and...sadness. It's over, already.

"She ok? You ok?" As we walked a nummie guy, I mean really nummie guy walked besides us and asked me if I’m alright. "She's fine, she's just seen God."

"Yes I’m fine---seen five Gods." I said without a stutter. "Alright." He said with a nod and walked on, he was nummie.

"We're almost to the car, calm down." Breaking out in more tears as we walked across another street. Her boyfriend talked to the car-parking dude as we walked pass.

"She ok?" "Yeah she’s fine." They both said as I was still in hysterics. The dude said some things, I didn’t really pay attention, in my own little world.

"I could get you in the meet the band..." What? Did he just? "Meet the band?" I squeaked.

"She just can't scream."

"Meet the band?" My friend asked excitedly. "You'd meet M. Shadows!" She whispered.

"But she just can't scream." He pointed his comment to me, I take in a deep breath trying to calm down. "What's your names?"

"Samantha and this is Destiny."

"Brad."

"Well my friends call me Shorty."

"Ha! That’s her nickname too." Sam pointed out, 'Shorty' laughed.

"Ok so who's your favorite member?" "Synyster Gates!" She screamed over me, eeking I yelled "Matt Sanders! Matthew Charles Sanders! M. Shadows!"

"Ok ok, remember you just can't scream." Okays so I intake some more breaths, breathing more normally and no more tears. My body stopped shaking and I guess you could say I was out of my hysteric phase, inside I’m going crazy...feeling way light-headed.

We follow the dude toward a back entrance. "Trick these are some of my friends, Brad, Samantha and Destiny." We shook this dude 'Trick's' hand and then stood there. Talking to him about the show, I started feeling a little more down to earth. Oh my god the Berry's! We watched as roadies started storing the band equipment onto a truck.

"Hey Trick." This really nummie dude walked over to us. "Yeah I got to see the whole show from backstage, a-fucking-mazing." He stood next to me talking about the show. "Yeah when Shadows dropped his microphone I got to hand him the new one."

I eeked, "No fair! You know the guys?" I squeaked. "Yeah I hung out with them earlier."

"Can I hug you?"

"Huh?"

"Can I hug you?" I asked again, he is fucking nummie! "Yeah sure." I walked closer over to him and hugged him, and eek he hugged me back! "Yeah been a fan of them for a long time. Been to tons of their shows. Belt buckle from the Unholy Confession days." He lifted up his shirt slightly to show his Deathbat belt buckle. "Ooo pretty! Can I poke it?" "Sure." He said laughing, I leaned over and poked at it, eeking. A few more minutes I talked to the nummie dude and he had to go.

"Can we get those towels?" Two white towels fell from equipment boxes, Trick walked over and picked them up. "Here you go." I eeked and held it tightly. "They may have sweated on these!" We whispered at each other the ezack same time. My boyfriend walks over a few minutes later, looking rather pissed off? I don't really care, that a bad thing? What? He's taking a backseat to Avenged...not a crime.

"I think that dude lied to you guys." Brad started off as he told us the time, we'd been standing there for over an hour. "Tipping that dude thirty bucks for nothing." A feeling of....of...disappointment and mourning. Tears trickled out from my eyes again as I stood there with my arms folded.

"Awe don't cry, least we seen them."

"Their tour bus is in front you know, there’s a group of people waiting for autographs for when they come out." My boyfriend now tells us. "What?" I eeked, "Alright lets fucking go!" I started walking off, Sam following behind me quickly.

A group of fans stood behind a wooden street gate. I got in the group next to Sam, the two dudes waiting way behind-losers. Standing there, wow I’m going to meet Avenged Sevenfold, I always had thoughts of meeting them, but...yeah wow. I went wide eyed as I looked over to see M. FUCKING SHADOWS! A beanie cap over his mohawk, so adorable. Fans handed him objects, called out his name.

"Matt! Matt can I get your autograph!" I called. After a few calls Matt looked at me! Yes M. Shadows looked at me and I handed him my ticket, he signed it and handed it back to me! I looked down at the wet ink, his name in black letters and shrieked! I jumped up a few times then seen the Snakebite, left handed guitar playing God, Zacky Vengeance.

"Zacky! Zacky!" I screamed, I couldn’t get close enough for an autograph, this large dude stood in front of me letting others pass me by. Sam took my ticket and handed it to Zacky, giving it back to me and in silver ink there's Zacky V! Then I looked back up with an eek and Zacky looked at me! Oh my fucking gosh, Zacky Vengeance looked at me.

A minute or so later Sam and I pushed our way upfront, the large dude had gone away. I was looking at Matt who was a few feet over, turning my head I screamed. Johnny fucking Christ stood right there in front of me! Johnny gave a look of surprise when I screamed. "Johnny can I get a picture with you!" "Sure." He said and I leaned over and hugged him, Sam snapped the picture with her cell then I took one of her with him.

"Can I get your autograph?" I eeked. "Course." I handed him the towel, "Interesting." he said as he signed it. Sam got her ticket signed. "Johnny can I kiss you on your cheek?" Ok now the random starts...Johnny laughed, "I’m sorry but that’s not permitted." He smiled a cute smile as he walked down the small area.

Zacky was gone but Matt was still by us, a few feet away. "Matt can I get a picture with you? Matt can I get a picture with you please!" I called out to him, Matt looked at me and said 'Yes hold on, last one." And less then thirty seconds later he was at my side. Sam held out her cell and I’m---I’m--swooned. He put his arm around me and I did the same, leaning my head on his arm or shoulder...hey I’m short not sure were I stand. "Smile." She directed at me, she need’th do that because the first time in years I smiled a real smile. Her camera said 'Got it' and it was over. "Thanx!" I said to Matt, looking into those eyes of his. Smiling he nodded and walked away. I feel special, being the last picture and hug on that side.

The hype didn’t calm down as the guys were gone. "Jimmy! Syn!" We all screamed waiting for them. I hit up conversation with two chicks that were next to me. They were cool. After what...ten minutes some security guys came over. "Where’s Jimmy and Syn?" We all questioned. "Please take three steps back, they'll be over in a few minutes." They took away the wooden barricades and told us to stay put. Few minutes later,

"Jimmy! Jimmy!" I screamed, he walked to us! Whoop! He was holding a Screwdriver. [The drink] "Sing the bucket song!"

"I don't remember the words." He said as he signed things. "Can I have your autograph?!" I eeked. "Sure." He signed my ticket then Sam’s. "Can I get a picture with you?" "Course, you have Syn’s eye makeup down perfectly." Oh my fucking god he just complimented me! THE REVEREND THOLOMEW PLAGUE just complimented me! Inside I’m going fucking nuts!

I eeked aloud and hugged him for our picture. He was really warm just like Matt and Johnny. His hand was on my hip and he pulled me in close for the hug. I next took a picture of Sam and Rev...with a problem. "I can't see you guys." I complained. "Point it at us." Sam said, I did and "You got my chin." Rev said and yeah he was dead on...I got his chin. As Jimmy signed some other things I randomly blurted out, "Can I pet you?!" "Umm...sure." I leaned my hand over and petted Revs shoulder! I PETTED THE REV! I shrieked, and jumped.

A minute or so later Rev said bye, now we wait for Syn...

"SYN!" We all screamed! Sam got on her knees and bowed as Synyster Gates walked towards us. "Who has a light?" He asked as he signed a first autograph, sticking a cig in his mouth. "Here." Thor handed him a light. "We love you guys, love the fact that you guys love the new album. It being a change but you guys going along with it." A dude stepped out from behind me say some things to Syn.

"Fans forever that get you guys inked." He was saying. "You have an Avenged tat?" I asked. "Hell yeah I do."

"Ooo can I see?" He lifted up his shirt sleeve, and there was a beautiful Deathbat. "Ooo." I prodded it with my finger. "Pretty." I said, directing my attention toward Syn once more.

"Can I get your autograph?" "Course." He said and I handed him my ticket. "Can you sign my towel?" He laughed slightly and signed it, eeeks! "You inspire me to play guitar!" I said to him as he signed Sam’s ticket.

"That’s great thanks, you inspire me to wear more makeup." Oh my fucking god! SYNYSTER GATES GAVE ME A COMPLIMENT! I screamed and jumped. "Can I get a picture with you?" He said sure and I put my arm around him, resting on his chest nicely. Sam took the picture then I took hers.

"This is Thor, an amazing friend." Syn was saying as Thor stood next to him. "Show them the tattoo." Thor lifted up his shirt, revealing nice abs and a pretty tattoo. "It isn’t done yet." Syn said and I leant over and poked at it. Eeeks! I poked Thor.

"Can I get your autograph?" I asked Thor, he signed my towel, "Thank you!" "No, thank you." Wow o_o

Syn and Thor said bye and walked away, the group quickly went they're ways. I ran down the street with Sam screaming. "WE MET AVENGED SEVENFOLD! OH MY FUCKING GOD!" My screaming didn’t end there....

I had this posted in my stories section ever since I've been apart of Mibba but decided to move over to journals.
September 2nd, 2009 at 08:51pm