I Miss the 1990's

I really do. I don't know why this thought came to me suddenly, but the 1990's was probably the greatest era -- is that the word? Everything was just more positive back then and it seemed like everyone was happy. Look at the world now, it's in the shitter. It's true that the 1990's had some of it's big chaotic moments, but it was so much positive than it is now.

I was watching a home video the other day randomly, and it was of me as a little kid, watching Beavis and Butt-head with my two older brothers as we all danced around to Green Day's Longview. I guess it's merely more memorial than just wishing it was still the 1990's. But seriously, Beavis and Butt-head need to come back on the tube ,so I can watch it mindlessly with my older brothers who don't even live here anymore, except for Jordan.

Even all the classic Green Day albums - Kerplunk, Dookie, Insomniac, Nimrod - make me miss the 1990's. Even watching the screen quality of all their music videos from back then make me miss the 90's. Like, the videos were so simple and realistic; now they're just too over done with effects (I'm not talking about Green Day videos being way over done with effects, I'm just comparing music videos now to then).

Remember the Weird Al Yankovich Show? That was an amazing show to watch. I'm sure if I watched it today, I probably wouldn't find it as funny as I did when I was, like, eight, but it was still a memorial show from the 1990's.

Maybe I'm finding that life was simpler when I was younger and didn't have any weights on my shoulders. I kind of hope the 90's somewhat come back one day. For Green Day still being famous is definitely a big time bonus, because honestly, without them, I'd probably feel homesick in a sense.

As for Beavis and Butt-head, I really need to buy the seasons on DVD. I just remember coming home during the evening and they were always on. Then I would turn to Much Music and watch Rick Campanile, then they'd broadcast Nice Guys Finish Last, and it was perfect and peaceful and there was no care in the world other than what I was doing or watching right then.

Ugh, I guess I'm just having one of those moments where I wish I could go back in time and realize that every moment in life is worth living.

Lots of love,
St. Jimmi-T <3
September 3rd, 2009 at 06:15am