Is it weird that I’m this happy?

Seriously, is it?

Long story short, I’m pretty much utterly in love with one of my teachers from last year. I think he’s really cute (he looks like SUCH a nerd), he’s mad funny, he acts like us students, and he’s so cool and so good to me. We used to flirt a lot back in the day and we’d tease each other all the time.

“Wanna know what Shelby means in Swahili? It means bitch.” (That sounds mean but it was REALLY funny.)

People said my feelings for him were very, very obvious, which sucks because I was doing my best to not show them. But he’d make it so difficult to do that sometimes! Like one day I kept telling him he was being mean and angry with me because hates me, but Sensei said, “No, Shelby, it’s because I’m in love with you.”

I had to get up and walk away. I couldn’t stop blushing/smiling/giggling for five minutes at least.

Anyway.

I made the decision last year to drop out of high school, get a GED, and then go off to college, but I changed my mind recently and now I’m going back for my last year. I e-mailed some of my old teachers telling I’m going to finish high school, one of them being Sensei, and he’s the first to reply. My favorite line of the message?

“I’ve had Shelby withdrawal.”

I nearly died from happiness. I can never tell if he’s being serious when he says stuff like that, but those words never fail to excite me.

Do any of you agree with my friends and think it’s weird? Or can you relate?
September 4th, 2009 at 03:17pm