"We are lucky, we are golden."

1) Is everything going okay?

2) The Dance teacher put on Let It Be during conditioning today. Yes, she made us condition for about ten minutes even though it was a Friday. But I think hearing the song made up for it. It's a beautiful song. The instrumental part in the middle made me think of an old-school prom. It's lovely.

3) I finally went to Chinese Club this afternoon, for a change, but still ended up feeling like an outsider despite all my genetics. I've never been good with groups. The longer I'm in a group, the more likely I am to find some irreparable, insufferable fault within it.

On a brighter note, an incident involving Emily trying to interpret the various oddly depicted emotions on a German poster on the wall made me laugh so hard I felt like I was going to vomit.

3) I saw beautiful clouds after school today. The sunlight was falling through them and gilding their edges. And there was a really high, big one that was blotting out the sun, sort of mushrooming up from the clouds below it, I'm not sure how to describe it, but oh if you were only there to see it;

4) I just finished watching a really good movie, Persepolis. I loved it, it was cute, funny, sad, and I think above all, truthful. It's also animated, but it never became really kid's-movie-ish to me. I was watching a commentary by the women who wrote and directed it, and since it's centered on the revolution in Iran, she said she didn't want to have real actors portraying the characters, because it would then become an ethnic film, and drawings are just so much more universal and interpretive. It was the best point I've heard made in months.
September 5th, 2009 at 08:24am