My Astronomy Teacher is amazing. :)

He's such a goofball. It's so easy to get him off topic with him still actually being on topic. I don't know how else to put it. In one class period of about 45 minutes, we went from people on venus with eight fingers to the smartest cave man named Ugh. And this was all as we were discussing why you used Base 10 in Scientific Notation to figure out how long it takes light to travel to certain areas of the universe.

About the people on venus thing... He said, in complete seriousness, "The people on Venus only have eight fingers... So they use eight in scientific notation and they don't have a single symbol for eight. Their eight is our ten. And these people on Venus... They build these huge domes to block out the pressure and acid rain that you find there."

One girl was stupid enough to say, "Then they are really tall?"

She thought he was being serious about people on Venus... The idiot. And he replied, "No, they are really small. Pygmy sized really."

It was beautiful.

And in that class, there is this guy named Eric. He likes to talk a lot during class and make fun of Mr. Zylak and his stories... In front of Mr. Zylak and Mr. Zylak jokes back because he's just that awesome. And Eric also likes to flirt with the cute girls and avoid the rest, really. So yeah. Whatever. He's not that attractive anyway. Hahaha.

But Mr. Zylak began talking about the smartest cave man whose name was Ugh. All I could think was, "Really? I thought his name was Eric." I almost said it out loud, but I held back because I'm afraid of people.

Yeah, though. I think Astronomy is going to be a great class and I'll miss it when the semester is over and I have to switch it out for Gym class.
September 6th, 2009 at 06:45pm