My Chemical Romance.

The center of my world is a group of five men, that we all know are just fifteen year old boys with big hearts. They have saved my life, no matter how cliche that sounds, and have saved me from myself more times than I can count.

Those same five boys are my gods, I've realized. I am a chemical romantic, as in the band is pretty much my religion. I had been talking about religion with one of my christian friends. He had asked if I were christian, so I said no. Then he asked, where do you think we go when we die? And I just thought for a second, and I realized I believe something Gerard said once. About going somewhere of meaning to you, somewhere you'd enjoy. Like your own personal heaven. That's why the Patient went to the black parade, because his fondest memory was going to a parade with his father as a child. If I die tomorrow, I'd maybe go to something like a concert? I dunno. I've started calling the place you'd go the "afterworld." and I really believe in this. My Chemical Romance is my religion too. Who'd have known.

No words can truly describe how I feel about this band. don't know what it is about them that is so... alluring, irresistible to me. There's just something about the music that makes me feel good. I really don't know why, but I get a sense of hope, love from their songs. The lyrics may be morbid and dark, the music may be downbeat and depressing, but I love them.

MCR has saved my life now. Multiple times. Kept me from self harm more times than I can count. Whatever is going on in my life, I listen to them, even just in my head, think about the songs, I regain myself. I push myself to keep going, not let a bump in the road slow me down. I think only few other people can do that; my best friends and my dad. That's their importance in my life. I didn't merely jump on the bandwagon as many "fake" fans have; I had never seen anyone MCR obsessed before I became even a fan; I had never seen a real fan for that matter.

Gerard, Frank, Mikey, Bob and Ray are all very important components of the My Chem concoction. Gerard is always the main focus in MCR, when he shouldn't be. He may be the most talkative during interviews, he may be the focus in photos, but no one should care. He's not the only person in the band. Everyone is extremely important in getting the message across, creating something beautiful for 'the best fans in the world' to enjoy. They're all funny, intelligent, inspirational, amazing men.

What I really like about MCR is that I can be myself to earn their love. They don't care. I don't have to fake; I can be raw. They'll never judge me. They'll always be there, with their music. Pop in a CD, and there they are. My easy access hope. Friends that I can be with any time, anywhere, no matter what. They're always on my mind and in my heart. Those words are forever burned into my thoughts; My Chemical Romance. And those five guys are forever on my mind; Frank, Gerard, Bob, Mikey, and Ray. Even if my love dwindles, they will always own a part of me.

They are my life. They are my love. They are my friends. They are always there. hey are my hope. They are my faith. They are...
MY.
CHEMICAL.
ROMANCE.
September 8th, 2009 at 02:19am