First day of school

So, as you can tell from the title, today was my first day of school. I’m now a junior! I’m excited for this year, for the most part.

This morning I woke up at six, the earliest I’ve woken up since June, got ready, and then went to wake up my sister. She’s a freshman this year. I woke her up by jumping on her bed and saying, “First day of school! First day of school! Wake up, wake up! First day of school!” in an annoying voice. It got her up.

We got to school by 7:30 and found my friend Ellen. We walked around for a little bit and I dropped my sister off at her homeroom then went to my homeroom. We got all of those fun papers that the parents have to sign and our schedules. My schedule was fine until I saw what my last class was. They had me in Spanish three when I take Latin. So I’m waiting for a schedule change which will mean I’ll have Latin fourth period and Chemistry ninth.

My schedule for this year is:

First period: Algebra 2A
Second period: English 11 Honors
Third period: Creative Writing (first semester), Sociology (second semester)
Fourth period: Chemistry A (at the moment), Latin 3 (after the schedule change)
Fifth period: Lunch
Sixth period: Advanced Composition (first semester), Psychology (second semester)
Seventh period: Gym 11 (first semester), Health 11 (second semester)
Eighth period: U.S. History 2A
Ninth period: Spanish 3 (at the moment), Chemistry A (after the schedule change)

So far I have second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh period with friends. If my friend switches her gym and chemistry class we should have chemistry together.

So far my favorite teacher is my creative writing/advanced comp. teacher. She runs the school literary magazine so I know her from last year and she’s really funny. Our class is made up of all girls, there was supposed to be one boy but he never showed so Ms. D. said that he must’ve heard that the class was all girls and bailed.

Today we only had first through fifth period and tomorrow we’ll have first and sixth through ninth. Ninth period the juniors will have an assembly. I’m excited for this year; except for behind the wheel and all of the big tests we have to take like the SAT.

Also, off the subject of school mostly. Since I’m back in school I’ll most likely work on my stories. I have What’s Your Story? which I have up and I’m working on a few other stories. My most recent on is a Harry Potter fanfiction which, while using J. K. Rowling’s characters, some of her settings, and her spells and such, will be somewhat based off of A Very Potter Musical. If you haven’t watched it on YouTube you should. It’s hilarious. I got the idea from a conversation I had with yourpinkdiary and I can’t wait to actually start writing it. So far I only have ideas and a bad summary.
September 8th, 2009 at 10:19pm