first day partially sucked.

Let's go through period by period...

Alright. So I got on the big yellow bus of death at seven. All the pot smokers drive to school now, which is cool. But sometimes, their conversations were funny and the bus is deathly quiet again. There are these two freshman girls that came from Springhouse.. don't get me started. Springhouse freshman girls are the biggest you know whats the world has to offer.

Got off the bus, waited angrily while people walked incredibly slowly through the halls, found Anna, and ran to get my schedule. I ran into her homeroom and we squealed because we have three classes together and we had nothing together last year except lunch second semester.

Homeroom was as expected. All the administration telling us to be nice and follow the rules and not bring drugs to school. Like that ever stops anyone anyway. Seriously, in Pennyslvania all you have to do is Dorney, movies, or pot. >_<

When I finished at my locker was when I realized I didn't have Theater 2 on my schedule. And I was like 'um.. what?' I seriously almost started crying when I saw that. I was looking forward to two classes; French and Theater.

On the way to first period, I saw Lauren, who is my theater buddy. She told me that everyone that signed up for Theater didn't exactly get it on their schedule and that I should go down to the office when they called for schedule changes so I was like 'okay whatever, I'll wait.'

First Period- American Lit Honors with Mr. Sherman.
He seems uber nice and I totally think I'm going to get an A on my summer project. He has this really freaky cutout of this guy with a Cheez-its box which creeps me out but whatever. Anna, Dolack, Natalie, Camille, Abby, and Becca are in my class so that's cool. But Tori (who isn't smart enough to be in the class), Joey Peters (most annoying kid ever), and Tauber (self-explanatory ~) are in my class too.. which is saddening. But we're doing CATCHER IN THE RYE (along with about ten other classics) this year. And that's my favorite book next to Fight Club. We should do Fight Club. That would be win.

Second Period- American Studies Honors with Mr. Stephens.
I am so happy I got Mr. Stephens. The other honors teacher, Mr. Martin, was craycray and made you do so much work. Mr. Stephens seems pretty laid back, and even though seating is in alphabetical order, Anna sits next to me. Sure, there are a ton of people I dislike in that class but at least I have Anna. We're going to be crazy.
Most of this class period, I was in the office for schedule conflicts. My guidance counselor is out because she had a baby so I had a sub who didn't make my schedule and didn't know too much yet. So I pretty much demanded that I have theater in my schedule and she was like 'okay I'll call you down when I've fixed it but I might have to change everything around.' From that point on I went about my whole day as if I wasn't going to be in any of those actual classes anyway, so why care.

Third Period- Geometry GHP with Mr. Galucy.
So, math is my most hated subject. I am absolutely terrible at it. But I've heard that he's hot so I was like YES, DISTRACTION. And well, everyone was right. He could have done for a shave but he kind of looks like Dan Keyes which is quite alright with me. He has delicious arm muscles and vampire teeth that make me want to listen to everything he says. He's married and has kids and is probably like late 30's but I'm serious, he doesn't look a day over 25. I don't really have any friends in that class. They're more like aquaintances, not people I hang out with. But that's okay. I don't want to be distracted this year by friends because I'll be damned if I have to take the final.

Fourth Period- Lunch.
Okay, half the cafeteria was empty. It was so dumb. Fourth lunch is the earliest lunch. It starts at 10:50 or something like that, but it's okay because I'm usually hungry then but not insanely hungry so I can eat a snack and be good for the rest of the day. I thought I saw someone I knew so I looked really dumb squinting my eyes and all and then Jonas walks over and is like ' ? Hi Logan.' And I'm like 'oh hai, haha.' And he's like 'where's Gillian?' Of course, he loves that girl. I told him I hadn't seen her all day. Mitchell just HAPPENS to be right behind him and I have this crush on Mitchell which kind of shooks me because he's a freshman but well.. acting camp ~
So I've got Anna and Krista in my lunch. I spot Wills, Anna spots Gabby, and I run across the whole freaking place and attack her with a hug. I kind of don't like that Gabby and Wills are in the same lunch together but meh what can you do? I support Gabby in whatever she does, but I will always be there to give her guidance.
I wonder if I should have asked Mitchell and Jonas to sit with us but then it would have been all ~awkward. I did make sure to walk by their table, which just so happens to be my table from last year, a few times. (;

Fifth Period- Chorus with Anonia.
Well.. Chorus was as expected. It was only small day. There were seriously twenty kids there. Six boys. I really hope more freshies signed up for chorus because I swear if we suck any more than we did last year, I will cry. I'm convinced he's going to kiss my butt all year to get me to try out for chorale because he only has two tenth grade girls. He will not ruin my voice. He will not.

Sixth and Seventh Period- Biology GHP with Mr. Laub.
First off, we had a sub. Second, there are fifteen kids in the class. Third, all of them were jock guys and preppy girls. I have one kind of friend in that class, but that's about it. It really saddens me. Gigi was in ALL of my classes last year. I want her to be in Bio with me so bad because we can be totally perverted together. -sigh- I feel like I'm too smart for GHP, but if I took honors, I'd have to do science fair. It's the price you have to pay. I survived seventh grade in the dumb class. I suppose I can survive this. Except I'll have gym with them second semester.. Don't get me started on that. We had to do a vocab packet all class and science is a double period >_> The sub, like all subs, was asking us all these questions and trying to make it seem like he was uber smart. I was so happy when the bell rang. I kind of ran out..

Eighth Period- study hall / office.
I knew I had a study hall, which is boring as heck on the first day of school, so I decided to go back to the office because the guidance counselor still hadn't called me down yet. Turns out, I can't have Theater 2. The only French Honors classes are fifth and nineth period. Fifth period is nineth and tenth grade chorus all year round, so those can't be switched. The only Theater 2 class is seventh period, and that's the second part of my double period. I could move the double periods down to eighth and nineth period, but then French would have to be fifth and I have chorus. So, I'm stuck. I'm really sad about Theater, but I know I have next year. And I've finally decided my career isn't going to be musical theater because my mom is right, I will be poor and unhappy looking for a job and trying out on Broadway four times a day. Theater will always have a special place in my heart and I will always do it. I'm hoping to minor in it if I can.
So I went to the dumb study hall late and of course when I opened the door everyone turned around like they'd never seen someone walk into a room before. Which makes me all >_< Krista and Kaela were in that study hall and I made Krista move up so I could tell her my dilema and Kaela moved up later.

Nineth Period- French Honors with Madame Smith.
Funnest class ever. I won't complain or elaborate because I'm tired of typing and it's dinner time but it's just amazing. I wouldn't change it for the world.
September 8th, 2009 at 11:16pm