First Day of High School

So last night, I was freaking out. I was making sure my outfit looked cute (which it did) and my bag was packed (which it was). I mapped out all my classes and memorized my locker combo. I meticulously combed and straightened my hair.

So after six hours of sleep (which is a lot for the night before the first day of school-I haven't slept a full night since third grade) I woke up. My hair was perfect and my outfit was fine. At 7:05, I ran out the door to get to the bus stop. It was raining.

The minute I got to school, I checked myself out. My shirt was wet in the front, and my hair was beginning to curl. After shoving my lunch into my locker, I ran to biology class. After chatting with a friend for three minutes, we got in.

It wasn't half bad. I actually was awake and ready to go. I looked to my left, and saw a cute, familiar guy. I silently kicked myself for looking like shit. After getting another good look at my new lab partner, I recognized him as a boy a year older than me from my old school. Great, he probably remembers me in my nasty days.

So after that, I left for geometry three halls down. The school is shaped around a central library, and there's four hallways-A, B, C, and F (I don't know why they skipped D and E). A hall is for freshman, B is for sophomores, C is for juniors, and F is for seniors. My next class was in C hall, so I bravely fought my way past a throng of juniors to get to my class. I got in, and sat down next to my close friends. That was when I first started getting drowsy.

An hour later, I walked across the hall to French and was forced to sit next to a junior and senior. I was disgusted at their lack of knowledge. Even as a freshman, I knew what everything meant. After that, I went to gym.

It was a long walk, so I dashed. I had to ask someone where we were meeting, because the central gym was under construction. He pointed me to the field house. Great, it's just another gym. I sat by myself because I didn't know anyone in that class.

Finally, I had lunch. The cafeteria was full by the time we got out of gym, so my friend and I sat down on the benches in the corridor. Afterwards, we walked to A hall, where she dropped me off at History. History was great-the teacher was fun, and one of my friends was sitting next to me. Even better, a really hot guy sat in front of me. Turns out he's only a month older than me. Only downside is that he wears too much cologne.

Lastly, I had English. I was so excited because it's my best subject. I felt at ease in the classroom. I sat down with my old best friend from dance class, and we talked for a bit. Our teacher was so nice; she really made the place feel like home, instead of a small classroom with a couple of bright lights. It had pictures of some women novelists, and she spoke about how she wanted to make everyone feel happy there. She reminds me of my middle school Language Arts teacher.

So I got home, and took a nap. After that, I went to the freshman dance, which was kind of boring. The middle school dances were better.

Anyway, I got worked up about nothing. Seniors don't shove you around the hallways; they are actually pretty helpful. The teachers are all nice. The books aren't really trashy. Everyone I've met so far is really nice.

I think I'm going to like high school, with the exception of gym class.
September 9th, 2009 at 05:07am