ignorant jerks who take FREE help for granted

This isn't to anyone on here in particular. And I'm not putting names out there for fear that it'll probably be against the rules. .-.

But I just want to say that I'm sick and tired of the jerks I've had to deal with that take the free art and writing requests (I help out with comics and a few animation scripts) for granted. They bug me endlessly about getting it done before the damn deadline, and then afterwords I don't even get a thank you. It may sound outlandish not to even see or hear a thank you after receiving something, but you'd be surprised.

Day after day, it's always "hey did you get it done yet?" "hey, how's the pic coming along?" "hey why's it taking so long? I know the deadline's in two weeks, but it's been two days already."

I understand that in real life, deadlines and requests for updates are an essential part of being in most companies, but while I'm doing this shit for free I don't like hearing it. I'm tired of all the crap people give me for not doing something in less than a week.

I'm sorry, but I've got a life to live. I've got other things to do than write for days on end without food or sleep. And to get no thank you or some smart alic comment about how they're disappointed and want it done again is not going to make things any better. It takes all the fun out of what I used to be so passionate about.

I quit trying to be the nice guy. I quit juggling between what I want to do and what other people have asked me to do for them that's really of no importance to anyone. Today, I'm dropping every single project, favor, and request that's been asked of me because I just don't want to do them anymore. And let me tell you - the weight on my shoulders feels so much lighter than it did yesterday.

Some people are just so fucking ignorant. The ones I've had to deal with lately don't even deserve what I try to do for them.

Now.

I'm going to eat dinner.

Kirk out.


~CI
September 10th, 2009 at 12:28am