L-O-V-E

Good morning, kiddies! It's your favourite depressing poet, me! I decided I'd take a break from my usual "emo" writing, to have a very deep discussion with you, about something that's been debated for quite some time now. So let's have a lesson over our favourite four-letter lie - oops, I mean, word, L-O-V-E. So get your pens and paper ready to take notes. Here's today's rant.

As one of my closest friends posted as a note on FaceBook, over a year ago, love is "more than a feeling, it is knowledge. Love is faith. It is more than just an extreme form of caring for someone, it is a hell of a lot deeper than that." Deep stuff, there. (P.S. So as to not infringe on copyrighted material, or just to show off my amazing works-cited skills, that was Blaine who said that.) "Love is faith." But what exactly is faith? According to Wikipedia (yes, I'm aware Wikipedia is a very unreliable source), faith is "the confident belief or trust in the truth or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing." So, basically, Blaine, you're saying love and faith go hand-in-hand?

But what does it say "faith" is, again? Oh, right. Trust. In other words, faith, love, and trust are all equivalent to each other?

That may be true . . . in your view point. In mine, however, it is nothing. All of your beliefs about "love" are nothing of what I believe, which is quite alright. Just let me tell you what I believe "love" is. I believe love is only something someone thinks they feel, to justify the changes they've made to themselves to please someone else, to give excuse to the way they behave. "Love" is only a word created to romanticise the domination one ... has over another. "Love" is only a four-letter word that has no meaning. It just symbolises wanting to feel wanted, needed, desired. It means nothing. Especially to me. I've been told "I love you" way too many times to count, and each time, I believed it. Then I realised: It meant nothing. It was just a sweet lie falling from angel's lips.

I know this may hurt many people, who believes something different than I. But don't let it hurt you. Oh, no, that's not my intention. My goal, my incentive, if you will, is to just post my own ideas on the notion of "love".

If this offends you, or you just want to comment your own ideas of "love," feel free. Be my guest. I would love to hear what you think. Trust me; I don't bite. . . Much. Especially just because someone disagrees with me. Opinions are opinions, and I believe they should be shared and valued. After all, what kind of world would this be if everyone agreed?
September 10th, 2009 at 10:20pm