"Boy trouble" and my total failure at dealing with it.

The joys.

I'm currently doing work experience at this primary school near me, which is going fine to say I'm absolutely rubbish with kids.

But, there's this boy who goes to my school there as well, and we were pretty good friends before this, but since Monday we've grown more... close? If that makes sense.

Anyway, yesterday he asked me if I wanted to see a film, so I said yes as it gave me something interesting to do. We went to see the new Final Destination film, (which was moderately okay) my arm was resting on the arm-rest between the two seats, and half-way through the film he like... pulled my hand into his lap and laced his fingers with mine.

And for some silly reason I didn't move, I just let him sit there, stroking the back of my hand with his thumb.

And I just kept thinking "no no no no no no no no" because it just couldn't be happening, yet it was and for some stupid reason I didn't want it to happen.

When the film had finished he let go of my hand so I could button up my jacket, and I shoved my hands in the pockets of my jeans so he couldn't take my hand again.

Which was probably the silliest thing I could do I guess.

But, now... now he thinks I like him, and I don't know if I do, and I can hardly say that to him because it would probably totally destroy him.

My friends keep saying I should go out with him (which I really don't know if I want to) and that I "set my standards too high. I wasn't aware I even had standards. I don't even know what my standards are, even though they seem to?

But... hell. D:

Please, somebody... help me? I really don't know what to do.

And to top it all off, I have to spend 7 hours with him tomorrow at work.
I really hope it's not going to be awkward. D:
September 10th, 2009 at 11:01pm