9/11 9/11/09

I know everyone is posting journal entries about this today, but I wanted to anyway.
Everyone know where they were that day, and I just wanted to ask if anyone remembers where they were, becuase I was only 7 when that happened, but I do.

I was in 1st grade, when all of the teachers got a phone call from the office.

Everyone turned on their tv's, and saw the horror.

Since we were only only 7, they quickly turned the tv's off, because they didn't want us to get scared. All of the teachers were crying. Even our principal was, and he never emotional.

They brought all of the "little kids" in the gym, and they said bad people took planes and flew them into big buildings in New York City. The older kids were watching the news, and I glanced at them when we were walking past. That was when one of the first men jumped out of the building.

I've never seen anything as horrifying since.

We got out of school early that day.

And nobody at school ever really explained the most obvious thing to me: Why?

Please take some time today to think about all of the people who lost their lives eight years ago. Just one minute, so they are never forgotten.

-rh
September 11th, 2009 at 11:48pm