The First Month

School's been in session for about a month and now I honestly have no clue what was so scared about. Sure the first day with ALL the upperclassmen was a bit overwhelming, but I survived.

On the Freshmen Orientation day, I met one person. Yeah, I know I'm a loner. We're locker buddies now, but no more than that. It's kinda funny. I waited the whole first week of school to get a locker, but now that I have one, I don't use it, neither does my friend. It's way out of the way of all my classes, and if I were to stop at it anytime during the day (except for after school) I would be late for class, guaranteed. Anyways, for our orientation we headed to the gym for a little assembly welcoming us to the school. And guess what?! My school's class of 2013 is the largest ever, and I'm one of those 600 (or more) students. It's crazy!

After the assembly, we got to run through our schedules with seven minute classes, and full passing periods (only seven minutes, definitely not enough). I met my teachers, and some classmates, though I'm not really friends with any of them. After that we had another assembly only this one was telling us the rules, and what they expect of us, the typical first day stuff. They next day was similar, except for it wasn't just the Freshmen there, everyone was! I got lost twice in one day, taking one wrong turn and ending up on the opposite side of the building from where I needed to be, it was so embarrassing.

The next week, when school started back up, I sat in a different place everyday for lunch. I'd sit with people I recognized from classes (but didn't know the name of), and eat in silence. Everyday lunch ended the same way, whoever I was sitting with left, me sitting at the table all by myself, not feeling like I was welcome to follow.

I've only been in school for about four weeks, but it's already obvious that Thursday lunches are The Best! Wednesdays and Thursdays are block days, but on Thursdays most people have a different lunch time than they do every other day of the week, except for me. One of my good friends, Andy (not her real name) has lunch with me that day, so I sat with her, and all of her friends. This included my now best friend, Sarah (again, not her real name) and my crush as of then, Brian. Brian was full-on flirting with me, and I did the same back, but little did I know, a week later it would be Sarah he asks to Homecoming and not me. Everyone was goofing off and having a great time, and for the first time that week I felt like I belonged.

A week later, I found out that Sarah had the same lunch as me all week, so I sat with her. We talked, and that was when I found out she liked Brian and that they were going to homecoming together. I was kind of put down, but I wasn't going to tell her that I really like Brian, too. I didn't want to risk loosing my best friend over a guy, so I made it a point to forget about Brian.

Now that I think of it, I only started crushing on Brian to feel like I knew people. It wasn't real... attraction, I guess. I have a new crush now, and I know this one is real, but I'll talk about that some other time.

The rest of the month has been pretty perfect. I know for sure that Sarah is my true friend, I have a best guy friend (I have a crush on him) and I think he likes me back, and I haven't gotten too much homework, yet.

That's it for now, but when I have more to tell, be prepared, 'cause I will tell every little detail, probably.

~Leslie
September 14th, 2009 at 12:14am