10 Confessions to 10 People

1. It took me two years to meet you. It took me eight more years to figure how much you meant to me. Six years have gone by in secret since then and I still don’t know how to get over you.

2. You’re the twin I never had, even though we’re complete polar opposites. May have only met you nine months ago but you’re my best friend. Though I’m still not sure if you’re a girl or a guy. Or if you’re engaged to a girl or a guy. Ah, the mysteries of life…

3. Stop hiding from the law, you filthy hypocrite. You make me ashamed of my own genetics. Feel proud though, you’ve created motivation for my future career, so that I can make sure people like you end up where they belong. In jail. You don’t like me and to be honest, the feeling’s mutual.

4. Could you please stop being so selfish? She’s sacrificed so much for you, so could you please stop preaching about what a martyr and how oh-so-righteous you are? Other people have had it much worse than us so suck it up and deal with it. No one cares.

5. I’m not sure what to make of you – but I’m at least going to make an effort to be civil. Or rather, less cold, towards you. But considering the situation, I probably would have done the same thing. Nevertheless it does not mean I am going to forget.

6. I may have only met you a few months before changing schools, but I’m glad that we’re still really close. I consider you one of my best friends, and I’m really glad that I’m one of the first people you trust with your deep dark secrets.

7. I’m really sorry I’ve been such a pain to you, especially since you’ve been putting up with me all these years. If there was one thing I could go back and change, I would stop you from throwing your life away for the person mentioned in number three. I’m sorry.

8. You don’t really know me since we run different shifts, but you’re really cute. Though Rachel did not have to shout that little secret of mine in your direction when you walked by. Now I can’t look you in the eye. But you’re still really cute. When you walked into the staff meeting I almost squealed. Really.

9. If there’s one adult I can actually openly trust, it’s you. More than my own mother. Thank you so much for listening to my incessant whinging, and not telling anyone. Sorry for being rude, but could you please get your kids to lay off the junk food for a bit? I’m worried for their health – child obesity is a major concern these days.

10. I’ve never spoken to you in my life, but it’s disturbing that a math teacher’s butt is right at my eye-level. Why do you have to be so freaking tall? Guess where my gaze just happens to land when I see you around the school?
September 16th, 2009 at 02:17pm