We're Meant To Be Together; You'll See

Wow. I have a lot of obnoxiously long story titles. Anyway, here's a little taste of what's to come. Mostly added because I didn't want to forget about it.

.:Julian’s POV:.

Gossiping with Elyssa, we found ourselves walking into the living room to relax. She sat on the couch and I lied down, putting my legs on her lap. “Hey,” Elyssa said, breaking off mid sentence. “Did you get customized M&M’s?” She leaned forward, reaching for the bag on the coffee table. Elyssa enjoyed sweets a lot more than I did, so I would’ve thought they were hers. “Ew, they’re sugar free, they must be for you.”

“They’re probably from a fan,” I said, taking the bag. “Nick must’ve found them in the mail before he left this morning.” I opened the bag, taking one out. “‘I love you’,” I read out loud. “Aww, my fans love me.” I ate it, offereing one to Elyssa before taking another out. This time, I read it without actually reading it. “‘Will you marry me?’”

The question registered for both of us at the same time and we both turned to each other, wide eyed. The bag fell, spilling M&M’s all over me and the couch. There were tons of “Will you marry me?” M&M's, all in my favorite colors.

And, amidst all of the various-colored candies, my mother’s engagement ring lied glistening on the couch.

* * * *

Well? Not my best, but I thought that that's a cute way to propose. Questions? Comments? Suggestions? I'm going to add more later, don't worry. If you haven't noticed, I have a fetish with 1000 word minimum chapters. And I'm pretty sure that that's not a thousand words.

Psst. You should check out the new story I'm writing with Allie. ;D
September 17th, 2009 at 05:15am