My Achievements Since Starting High-school

Okay, so at the moment, at school, we're doing these things called Testimonials. We have to fill them out, and it's like a remembrance of our school. We have to write self evaluations, and this is mine...

What have I achieved since starting Te Awamutu College? To answer this question I really had to rattle my brain. Academically, I haven’t learned a lot. I’ve learned tips and tricks from English, maths, science and all that stuff. But I just don’t have the brain to actually keep information in the front of my brain, and I know this. But it’s always going to be there. Right at the back, and I know one day when I need it most, I’ll pop up. But as of life experience Te Awamutu College helped a lot. I know it wasn’t necessarily the staff, or buildings that helped, but being at the college helped. I lost friends, and went through heartbreak, and I know that’s a lot to say as just a seventeen year old. But having a crush on someone who doesn’t like you back is one of the hardest things that a teenager can go through. It feels like your world is crumbling down around you. And as for losing friends, I realised a lot about myself when I lost them. I realised that I could cope on my own. I matured in a lot of ways that I couldn’t even imagine. And I got over myself and became friends with more people. So really, I’ve achieved a lot of life experience because of Te Awamutu College. Also since starting Te Awamutu College I started reading a lot more. I went through a stage of not wanting to read at all. Then when I got into third form we had to do Reading Logs. So we had to read more. I remembered how much I loved reading and started reading books again. So Te Awamutu College helped a lot with getting me back into one of the hobbies I adored as a child. I really have to thank Te Awamutu College for getting me back into reading. It means a lot to me to be able to lose myself in a completely different world than my own, to be able to just step foot into a world that’s been made up by some author. I’ve also learned how to control my emotions better. When I started college, I had no control over my emotions at all, I’d get so angry or upset very easily. Now I can stay happy for longer periods of time, without any trouble. I really do have a lot to thank Te Awamutu College for. It’s not been one of the best schools I’ve attended. But that’s expected with the amount of students, and all the hormones that everyone has. I really admire teachers for being able to put up with us all. I guess my high-school life has been alright. I’ve had bad times, but who hasn’t? Bad times are one of those things you just have to deal with. When the bad times are over, they leave your mind when you get older. You forget about them, and only remember the good times. I think that’s why my parents always said that their high-school years were the best years of their life, while I was sitting there in the bad times thinking “How could they possibly have been the best times of their lives?” That’s all a part of growing up. And I’ve learned that little fact of life. I know that there are going to be harder times ahead of me, but because of Te Awamutu College, I’ve learned to deal with them better. I have a lot to thank Te Awamutu College for. In the long run, I’m really glad I went there. It really is a good school, I could have just been a better student.
September 17th, 2009 at 12:08pm