A kid got stabbed at a nearby school in the morning, and by noon, even other schools knew about it...wow?

News runs fast, specially with texting which I do not have!

I was told in person by a friend that use to go to that school.
When I hear anything about violence I get a pang in my heart. I don't know why.
When I was little I once saw two of my uncles fighting. It was a horrific fist fight, and I still remember clearly when I saw it. I think I was about 5-6 years old. I ran to my room as soon as possible and just started crying. I think that was the first time I felt that pang in my heart.

Now, usually in school when someone starts a fight (there aren't many), my heart starts racing and I can feel my eyes swell up and I don't even know the kids fighting.
Then, when I hear a kid got stabbed....well, it just makes me feel sad. I mean, no one likes people to die, unless you are crazy.

In the news they said the kids were fighting about a girl, but my friend who has friends in that school who saw the...fight....(should it even be called fight?) said that it wasn't over a girl, it was about some money.

When I came home I read the news and it made me feel guilty because I felt like I was invading some kind of privacy.
I live in Miami, so yeah, many Cubans. He was one and came only about 2 months ago. His mom in Spain and his dad in Cuba so he lived here only with his grandma. That is very sad.

Writing this....it gives me that "invasion of privacy" feeling and the whole reason I am writing this is because of that.

Most people didn't even know this kid. And heck, probably barely anyone knew this kid and everyone is talking about him like they talked about Micheal Jackson just on a smaller scale. Micheal J. was a legend. King of Pop. Famous. People looked up to him but we didn't know him but yet we know about the great music he created and the influence he had on music itself.

I'm kind of going against myself by talking about the kid but it makes me a little mad. People should show some respect. They made a FAN PAGE of him in facebook!
It's the main reason why I had to let this out.
We all know it's sad the kid died. It's sad it was in school. It's sad he got stabbed by another student.
But we have to be respectful to him and his family even though they aren't around and know about this.

What people have been constantly talking about in school for the last 2-3 days is him. People's status in facebook is: R.I.P. (so and so) (I don't say his name out of respect

They have to let him rest in peace...

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Isn't it kind of ridiculous when people say:
"I'm going to stab you to death"
"I'm going to choke you to death"

It's not like you can stab or choke someone to live.

This reminds me of Chucky and his knife....
And that thought leads to Halloween Horror Nights!

I want to go but since I'm a Freshmen I'll just feel too...strange and tiny so I rather go on Junior or Senior year so the Freshmen during that time can be intimidated by us =D

And besides...Chucky scares the sh*t out of me.

-Chelen
September 19th, 2009 at 02:31am