How do you tell your best friend that you're everything they hate?

This is just me organizing my thoughts. Read it if you want. Don't read it if you don't want to. Doesn't matter to me.

My brother, we'll call him... "Brother" (Oh, ho, ho. So original.) He's the most racist/homophobic (really, homophobic means fear of homosexuals. But I don't know any other word to express hatred towards them. So I'll just use that.) Anywho. He's the most racist/homophobic/sexist person I know. He hates black people. He hates gays. He hates mexicans. He believes a womens only spot in the world is the kitchen. (Or the bed, which I find so completely and utterly disrespectful to women.) He thinks they should not be allowed to be a teacher, a lawyer, owning a business, etc. Simply, because, well, they're not men. They're not "masculine enough to even think about doing those things." He doesn't believe that we should help out other countries. i.e. Africa. That's what he hates most.

But here's the thing...

I'm not the straightest noodle on the plate. I'm not attracted to guys waste down. I find it to be absolutely disgusting and just ew. I act like I agree with him about the "women's place" thing. But really, I'd like to be a teacher, or an author, or a lawyer, or something besides standing around with an aprin cooking all the time. And then, when I'm older, I also want to work with Peace Corps.

I hate my brother so much, but he's my best friend. I relate to him more than I have anybody else. How that's possible, I don't know, but it's true.

And it kills me when he goes on and on and on about these things. :|

I need to tell him.

But how do you tell your best friend that you're everything they hate?
September 20th, 2009 at 06:03pm