the killers were worth my birthday money

Firstly, my sister got me out of school and I had to miss Physics and Pre-Calc. But whatever, my friend, the makeup homework that is tailing my ass tonight is so worth it. We got home, printed our tickets and my mom drove us (yeah, we're that cool). So we drive for the two an a half hours it takes to get down and we had an in depth discussion of The Killers to mentally prepare (just kidding) but we DID listen to Simon and Garkunkel and then ran through the entire Day and Age album.

We arrive at San Diego State and we're met by the rudest drivers ever. I swear, I thought LA was bad, but these botoxed ladies were straight up bitches on the road. We check out the venue, just to make sure we know where it is and stuff. And then me and Nat see their buses, and we start tripping balls. Like, screaming and jumping in our seats and hyperventilating and stuff.

So after our mother yells at us for acting like crazy women at the sight of a bus, we go to eat some Korean food where we continue our discussion about converting to Mormonism for a man we love....

And after that, my sister and I are dropped off at the arena. Where I have to dig through my purse on the sidewalk because I realize I forgot the tickets in the car. So after my mother drops them off we realize we forgot our sweaters in the car too. So after my mom drops that off, we're ready to go.

We waited outside the venue for, like, twenty minutes before we got the okay to go inside the arena where my sister and I made a beeline for the t-shirts, where we went insane and haggled over money, somehow came up with sixty dollars out of nowhere and paid for two shirts. I immediately took off my plaid buttonup and whipped on my new black shirt with every member's face on it.

After buying a huge ass Dr. Pepper and awing over the fact that we had spent sixty bucks on two shirts, we found our place and watched the two opening acts. They were Halloweentown and erm... The Nervous Wreckers?... They were good, especially the latter.

And so, like, five minutes after the last opening act, the Killers walked on and Brandon Flowers had his whole feather get up on. And I wanted to yell, "Brandon! Eat a sandwich!" but I thought that might make him self-conscious.

They started with 'Mr. Brightside" and then we started dancing. I have NEVER danced so much during a show. It was thaaaat great. It was so hot, though and even Brandon had to take off his feathers after a while.

My sister and I's obsession with the Killers paid off because we knew every word to every song and managed to dance cooler than we ever have in our entire lives.

Here's the set list:

1. Mr. Brightside
2. Spaceman
3. For Reasons Unknown
4. Bones
5. Joy Ride (The Sexyyy Song)
6. The World We Live In
7. Bling (Confession of a King)
8. Shadowplay (Joy Division cover)
9. Somebody Told Me
10. Smile Like You Mean It
11. Human
12. Change Your Mind
13. A Dustland Fairytale
14. Can't Help Falling in Love (Elvis Presley cover)
15. Read My Mind
16. All These Things That I've Done

Encore:

17. This Is Your Life
18. Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine
19. When You Were Young

After the awesome, 'All These Things That I've Done' they walked off stage and were like, "Bye!" But then they came back out and played three more songs and Brandon was saying that they were charging the band 1500 dollars a minute they stayed on stage over their allotted time but they just HAD to play 'When You Were Young.'

After the concert was over, I was sweaty and tired but my sister and I still stood outside of the bus placey-thingy where we waited for the band, while we waited for our mom. And we waited and waited and waited with all the other nice, hardcore Killers fans like us and then right when we're about to leave, DAVE KEUNING comes out in his car, right in front of my five foot frame and opens his window. Immediately everyone is, like, tumbling onto me so they can get him to sign stuff. And I scrounge for my ticket in my black hole of a purse and miraculously find it and hand it to him and breathe, "Thank you so, so much. You guys played a great show." But it sounded like I had asthma or something because I was just THAT excited. And then, Mark, the bassist comes riding out and we're like, "Bye, Mark!" And he's like, "Bye, guys."

And so now I have the coolest pictures of the guitarist of my favorite band and an autographed ticket hanging on my collage in my room.

BEST MOMENTS: (these weren't recorded by me because my shitty camera was not working very well and the audio sounds like we're performing an exorcism)


All These Things That I've Done


Spaceman


A little of Joyride and Bling


Brandon Flowers telling us that we're... basically awesome.


Are you feeling sexy tonight, San Diego?

Anyway, I'll post my crappy photos up later once I sort out my memory card and stuff.
It was one of the BEST nights ever.
September 22nd, 2009 at 03:18am