Nikki

about six and a half weeks ago my cousin nikki went into a coma.

about nikki:

she's always lived hard and fast.

she was an unwanted child. grew up in a house of drugs and alcohol, eventually her dad married a woman who made nikki move out.

nikki then proceeded to live with (my aunt and uncle) cindy and bobby. bobby was her uncle and he wanted nothing more than to see her live a better life.

nikki met john and got pregnant. bobby died about four months into the pregnancy.

everything seemed fine for about three or four years, nikki john and juliet lived in texas. nikki and john then got divorced, at that time juliet had been living off and on with her grandparents. by the end of the divorce she was a permanate resident.

after that nikki continued to be nikki, and six weeks ago (the thursday before easter) her boyfriend was driving drunk and she wanted out of the car so she grabbed the wheel. the boyfriend's spinal cord was severed and nikki suffered severe head trauma.

she had holes drilled into her head to relieve the pressure. she went into a coma.

3 1/2 weeks into the coma she started breathing on her own, so they took her off the resperator. 4 weeks in to the coma the doctors found out she was pregnant. She came out of the coma this week and has limited motor function.

when a person comes out of a coma it is not like the television shows, they don't immeadiatly remember everything and have full function. their muscles atrophy, they have to relearn simple skills like swallowing. they forget.

what is going to happen to nikki and her baby no one can tell. we can make some very plausible guesses but nothing is for sure.

she'll probably go back to her old ways, that is if she comes out of the coma alright.
the baby can't be aborted or put up for adoption until nikki is declared lucid enough to do so.
no grandparents are going to want to claim this baby, for it has none.

be glad that you're here now, because if you are reading this, you're better off than either of them.
May 23rd, 2007 at 04:27am