Yo MLK, I'm really happy for you, Imma let you finish, but last night, I had one of the best dreams of all time. Of all time!

Phucking Kanye.

Hey guys. I just got back from my three-week sojourn from the United Kingdom on Wednesday. I went There and Back Again, just like Mr. Bilbo. And while I didn't actually have the best dream ever last night, I did actually dream quite a lot while I was away. It was kind of strange. The dreams themselves weren't strange, but the fact that I was dreaming almost every night was. But I did dream a lot about my friends. I really began to miss them after the homesickness set in.

I liked Europe. I really did. I didn't think our cultures would be too radically different, but I was surprised. Out here, people are a lot more standoffish; and maybe this is just in Vancouver, but we have a hellish reputation for being cold, cliquey and smug. But whilst in the UK, and particularly Scotland, I was inundated with attention. I'm not too proud to admit that I enjoyed a little country-style friendliness.

Except, for those of you who follow me on Twitter already know, I did get mistaken for Lady GA-FREAKIN-GA while in Glasgow, and I'm still not sure of what to make of it.

The highlight of the entire trip though? Skinny dipping in Loch Ness. Yes, I have pictures and a video to prove it. No, you can't see it [at least, until it's edited.] And no, I didn't get eaten by a monster; I brought about tree fiddy to get rid of 'im beforehand.

I hope these links work, but if you want to check out the photos, here is the one for Scotland and the one for London, which I still need to add to. Being in London also gave me the chance to hang out with Freakazoid! for a while, which was awesome.

Since I've returned, I've continued to write the next few updates for A Comedy of Errors. In the meantime though, I took advantage of this new "Story Characters" feature - and even though I prefer to let my characters describe and develop themselves as I write them in my stories, I got bored and figured, what the hell. For original characters, I guess it's helpful. The one thing that still really irks me about character descriptions is when someone just plucks a photo of some impossibly gorgeous scene - emo - goff - punk rawk!! person off of Photobucket and claims it as their character. No. No no no. If anything, it makes me less inclined to want to read your story if I already know that you can't describe and develop your own characters. Use your words. And your imagination.

Speaking of which, if anybody knows of any good stories out there to read, gimme a heads up. I'm in need of something new.

- Linden
September 26th, 2009 at 08:29am