Sims, Money, and Addictions MB2

This is going to be in a different format than MB1 because all of today topics relate to each other.

So, I have been wanting a laptop for a few years now. My parents say I have to buy it (all you kids out there who didn't have to pay for your laptops, well, you suck). I had about 280 saved up and I was about halfway there. Then, when I was messing around on our home computer, I got a virus. Oops. This virus scared the CRAP out of me and I developed a fear of computers. I distrusted myself and decided I wasn't good enough to have a laptop.

Thats when I started buying stuff. I thought, "Hey, I have all this money and I ain't saving for anything so why not spend it?" Within a month or two, I was down to about 100 dollars.

Then, I saw the commercial that changed everything. Please, don't make fun of me. I saw a commercial for Sims 3. I watched it, rewinded, watched, rewinded, ect. I did all this while crying. Yes, crying. Stupid hormones.

I used to play Sims 2 on the computer for hours on a daily basis until I was banned. My parents didn't like how it cluttered our already full computer.

Then and there, I knew I had to have it. Sims is like my escape from reality. I can do anything!

I started researching laptops that were good for the Sims 3 and in the end, I was set on the Dell Inspirion 15. Now that I only have 100 dollars, it's kinda like I'm back to square one. I did the math, and with my allowance, I might be able to afford one August 2010. Life's a b**...butt.

I am too materialistic :(
September 27th, 2009 at 12:42am