The Experience of a Death

Today, someone in my school died.

I have never had to experience death through someone I knew where it was a friend or family.

Death has always seemed so far away, but now reality has finally sunken in and I can't even begin to imagine the pain, grief, and suffering his friends and family must be going through.

His name was Dan and I never personally knew him. He was the boy that was friends with some of my friends, someone I saw in the hallways.Like me, he was only a sophomore in high school.

I cant imagine how I would feel if i lost one of my best friends, one of my brothers, or one of my parents.

Everytime I think about Dan, I start crying, and I can't stop. I keep asking myself, am I being selfish? Am I crying because I'm afriad? Am I crying for what I know Dan has lost, the life he will never have?

I keep thinking that he was only sixteen, he was too young to die. But, you're never too young to die, you can only hope that when death comes, you are satisfied with what you have accomplished and are ready for it.

Now, I'm scared. I will probably never get rid of this deep chilling fear that I get when I think of death.

I wonder, how must his family feel, knowing that Dan is gone and the world is going to keep moving? Even now, writing this, I can't stop crying.

The only thing I can say now, is RIP
(rest in peace Dan, I never got the chance to know you, but I will never forget you...)
September 29th, 2009 at 01:45am