Fourth Week of School Already?

So this week was off to a very bad start.

This morning, I was actually excited for school for the first time in a very long time. I usually dread going to school, but I didn't mind it today. I was in a good mood. Now, I was really pumped because I actually like someone there.

So he's a normal guy-nothing super human, rock star about him. He's funny and he brightens my day. I haven't known him very long, but that didn't stop me from falling for him quickly. I did some stuff out of my usual routine-I spent a little more time on my hair, more time on my makeup, and more time picking out an outfit.

So I get to school and my friend approaches me. She asks me if I want to go to homecoming with her group. It's a group of girls I don't know (I probably know two out of the six) but hey, every day is a new chance to make friends. I said yes and I went off to biology.

There's a girl in my class who was walking down the hallway. I don't really know her; all I know is that she's a cheerleader and she's kind of dorky. She went to my old rival school. There was another group of girls walking down that hallway too. They were in a close cluster. The four of them are in my fifth hour, and they're really annoying.

So the girl was walking down the hallway when she slipped and fell on her back. Mind you, it was raining pretty badly outside. She got up, only to fall back down again. The other girls laughed their asses off and talked about her loudly. She took off for the bathroom.

I went in the bathroom and started talking to her. She was embarrassed, but hey, it happens.

Lo and behold, I got to my first hour. That's when I found out the news. My ex boyfriend had asked my old best friend to homecoming. And she said yes. Now, we broke up BECAUSE OF HER. He promised me when we broke up (which was on good terms) that he wouldn't ever date her. He told me that she had done too much bitchy stuff and that he didn't want a girl like that in his life. He promised me that because he saw what happened at graduation. He saw me crying and he saw her leave.

So here I am, mood ruined. My lab partner cheers me up-a bit. He's really nice and I have to thank him for getting me out of that weird funk. Anyway, turns out my friend from middle school is taking one of the guys from our old class to homecoming. Not only is he a raging pervert-he has a girlfriend.

Doesn't surprise me; he was kind of a whore when we were in middle school. He used to message me asking for pictures of unmentionable places.

Anyway, I got through the rest of the morning block, ready for gym. That's the class I have with the guy I like. We sat on the bleachers nearby him. He was busy chatting, so I figured I'd talk to him once we started doing whatever we were supposed to do today.

Some dumbass decided to call me "girl with the white pony tail holder" today. He called me over and over again until I turned around. I was already pissed, so I ignored him. Whatever...

Boys got separated from us today; we were working out. I hoped to catch his eye walking back and forth today. I did, but only once. Boo. I left gym a bit unsatisfied and went to lunch with my neighbor. We sat down, ate, and waited for the bell to ring. Usual stuff went down. Homecoming tickets were sold, window smashed-oops. That's not usual, but yeah, it happened today.

So I was waiting for the bell to ring when he walked by. I caught his eye for about a second, but that was it. Next thing I knew, he was chatting up two girls right in front of me. They seemed to be his friends. Now I don't exactly know if he has a girlfriend, but this is the first time I've seen him walking around with other people.

Man, was I depressed when I got to fifth hour. The bell was about to ring. Once I got in, this guy was sitting on my desk. He's really nice and stops to talk to me every day. He and the rest of my friends listened to my predicament about homecoming and we talked for a little bit. He was forced to go back to his desk, but every couple seconds I would glance over and he'd be staring at me. Creepy, but also kind of cute.

So yeah. There goes the start of the fourth week of high school. Kind of crappy.
September 29th, 2009 at 03:11am