I've noticed things about readers,

no one comments.

I'm not just saying this to get comments on my stories, so I can say alot of people comment it, but really.I have alot of readers, and only three people comment for one story. I've had 19 readers on another with only two people, and one with 15 and one comment. I can understand if you don't like it, but if you do like it, why not comment it? I find it rude not to.

The writer writes it for people to enjoy, sure, some write it for their pleasure. But if they didn't want to please other people, why would they post it? I ask for people to comment me and tell me what I can work on so I can write better for /them/. There has not been one story that I didn't like that I didn't comment. Hell, when one series was over, I literally thanked her for writing it.

I'm not saying comment on every chapter, but if you're gonna read it, and continue to, why not thank them for writing it, or tell them what they can do to improve so you can enjoy it even more? Sure, people are gonna think I'm being a drama queen, or trying to get more comments, but that's not the case. I just don't understand.

Why not appreciate the things you like? Authors love to know that people enjoy their story. It not only makes them happy, but it makes them want to continue to write for their subscribers/readers. It's not about the ratings or anything. I'm saying this as an artist. I am one, and I love to see people appreciating art. Writing is another form of art, why not show appreciation for that? Or does simply no one know how to appreciate or thank someone for giving something to them that made them happy?

Anyone else notice that too? Or am I alone?

/end rant.
September 30th, 2009 at 02:24am