Helping out.... 9/30/2009

Everyone here in the Philippines and in some places abroad are talking about the typhoon Ondoy which made some of my Fellow Filipinos' lives miserable. Yesterday, my English Teacher called me and asking for some donations to be given to the survivors/ victims of Ondoy. Then without a second thought, I texted my mom so that they could buy goods from the grocery. And so, they did buy cupcakes and noodles.

A while ago, I with my siblings went to the school to deliver the goods. Then, my friend asked me to come with them to Santa Lucia to give out these donations. I asked permission from my siblings and they said yes. They went home and me, I helped in giving out the donations. When we reached Santa Lucia, I was really shocked on what I saw. There were a lot of houses that are down. When we said that we will give out goods, the people there lined up and when we started giving out, the people were happy and they have smiles on their faces which made us forget the heat. We were too was happy that we helped out in this time of need. And that was my first time to do that thing and it was fun and heart warming moment. I'll surely do that again when i have the chance to.
September 30th, 2009 at 11:49am