If you want to get elected, you might want to post easy access to relevant information.

Okay, after reading some more quotes Michele Bachmann has lately pulled out of her big ol' box of crazy, I decided to start looking a little more seriously into the candidates who are running against her. Because seriously? SHE NEEDS TO GTFO.

The problem? I can't seem to find any actual information about where said candidates stand. I only managed to find a couple of names, first of all; and I know it's early on, but FFS, it's MICHELE BACHMANN. One of the most well-known Congressional Representatives in the country. You'd think this would be one of the races that heat up extremely early.

But anyway, out of the couple of candidates I HAVE found who have officially thrown their hats in the ring against Bachmann, I couldn't help but notice that they didn't say a word on their official web sites about where they stand on the issues. And I remember this being a problem even in the weeks directly preceding the 2008 elections, for a lot of candidates. They either post extremely vague information, or they don't have a section for that at all.

Want to read up on how their campaign is going? There's a section for that.

Want to know where the candidate grew up and what previous positions they've held? There's a section for that.

But if you want to look at their voting record or just a general list of where they stand on the issues important to you, you have to scour the internet for alternate sources. What gives?

(This is, by the way, another reason I liked Dean Barkley for MN Senator and voted for him in place of Franken and Coleman. Not only did I agree with him on the issues--but he posted, on his web site, in plain terms, what he believed in.)

Just...urgh. I don't want to vote for someone just because s/he is not Bachmann (though that right there is a start.) I don't want to end up with someone who's just as extreme on the other end. I want to vote for someone who represents me--you know, since s/he would be my representative and all. But apparently, they don't want you to know whether you like them or not.

jfkdalfjkdalfja. Part of me still wants to be a pundit when I grow up. And part of me wants to be the first politician to actually lay out in black and white what I want done. Damn it.

Now, as promised, POETRY CONTEST WINNERS.

FIRST PLACE: Dancing Caveman - Sleepless Nights

SECOND PLACE: The Doctor. - White Water

THIRD PLACE: Vampiress632 - From An Enamored Youth

Thanks to the two and a half of you that cared to read all that.

/rant
October 1st, 2009 at 09:23pm