Crumbling Friendships

Friends, I know they come and go, but I don’t want these ones to go.

My circle of friend is collapsing around my feet I no one seems to notice. I feel like the group of people I am friends with seem to find most of the other people in the group annoying and to be honest I don’t want friendships between my friends to break down. I have had some of the best times of my life with these people and I don’t want that to end. I understand that in a few years’ times when we are scattered all over the county at uni we may lose contact and people will drift away, but that should be happening now not when 80% of us go to the same college.

I seem to be the only one who has noticed this happening and/or cares. I would try to do something about it but no one ever seems to listen to what I have to say even though I only speak when I deem something is worth saying, I don’t spew loads of shit like some people. I speak rarely, but I try input something useful at the infrequent point where my voice can be heard, although I end up just talking to myself.

I feel like I alone cannot do anything because of the lack of influence I have over people. As I write this my girlfriend is asking me if I’m ok yet every single of my other friend are completely oblivious to my feelings and thoughts. It might just be that I have all the good memories of the past year and have forgotten all the bad, but I don’t remember it being like this, I remember laughter, happiness and the best times in my life. I don’t know, maybe I should link this to a few of them, see if they pay attention to my writing even if they don’t seem to be able to hear my voice.
October 2nd, 2009 at 11:19pm