Green Day in Paris, October 4th.

First of all, I’m so sorry for not posting a journal earlier but I got back home on Monday morning, at 3am and I had to get up at 6am because of school so let’s just say that I wasn’t in the best conditions Monday evening to do anything but eat and then sleep.
So yeah, I decided to take the time to let you guys know how it was because 1rst:

-It was my first show (except for some pop star when I was 11), and it was the best day of my life, and I'm not joking.

-Those guys means the world to me, and it's mostly thanks to them that I am still here right now, but anyway, back to the point.

-Some of you know how much I love Green Day and how much they mean to me and also how excited I was to see them.

And I just HAD to share it with you guys!
Let's start with the beginning, yeah?
Aka as the facts that no one cares about...

So I woke up at 5.30 am, got ready to be picked up at 7.15am by a friend of my parents (since they were away) because my train was at 7.42am and the train station isn't close to my house.

We arrived at 10.00 in Paris, we stopped by Starbucks and then took the metro to get to the venue. We were here at about 11am. We weren't many here, waiting to get in. I mean, the show only started at 7.30pm but we wanted to be in the front, especially me XD. There was about 200 people waiting in front of us, but it was nothing compared to the 18 000 we were in total.

So yeah, we chatted, listened to Green Day and some other groups, trying to pass the time until we would finally get in. We met some great people, it was awesome. I had never seen so many GD fans gathered in a same place, waiting for the same thing, especially ones wearing their T-shirts and had “Green Day” written on their faces. There were old and young fans, it was great.

They let us in at about 5.30pm. And me and my friends rushed to the front. I was standing at about 5 meters away from the stage, on the left side (Jason White’s fans). The wait was unbearable and fun at the same time. There was about 18 000 people. One guy stood up in the bleachers and started screaming “Hey oh!” and every single person repeated after him.
Then some of the people in the moshpit and brought balloons and of course some random guys blew into condoms to make more balloons.

Then we did the wave. It started in the bleachers, on the right side; went into the moshpit, then up in the bleachers again until it reached back where it started and they started back up again.

“I love rock’n roll” was playing and we were all screaming in the chorus, because we didn’t knew the rest of the song. It was pretty cool because it was rather quiet, until everyone threw their fists in the air, screaming “I LOVE ROCK’N ROLL!”
Then we did the ‘wave’ again, and I was filming it when the lights went off and ‘Prima Donna’ (the support band for Green Day) came on. They were good, but I don’t remember much of the set. The crowd was wild, too fucking wild.

I thought I was going to faint and I nearly did. The people in the back kept pushing to get closer to the stage but the people in the front were pushing and me and my best friend were in the middle of it. I seriously thought I was going to pass out… People kept telling me to breath, and asked if I wanted to leave and I kept shaking my head. There was no way I was going to miss Green Day!

They played about 5 songs, maybe more… All I know is that they came on stage at about 7pm and left around 7.30pm. Then the crowds calm down a bit and about 20 minutes later, the pink rabbit made its way on stage, 2 beers in hands.
“Wanna be startin’ something” by Michael Jackson was one and the rabbit was dancing to it and then “Y.M.C.A” came on and we all did the choreography, it was funny because no one was doing the ‘C’ the same way… Then the pink rabbit left and about 5 minutes later, the lights went out and “Song of the century” could be heard.

I can’t even describe the reaction of the crowd when 6 people ran on stage and headed to the left side to grab their instruments.
They started with “21rst Century Breakdown” and all I did was stare at the stage, my mouth hanging open and my heart pounding in my chest. Then it was “Know your enemy”, “East Jesus Nowhere” and BJ brought a kid named Eddie on stage to be “saved”. I think “Holiday” was next, followed by “Static Age”, “Before the lobotomy”, “Are the waiting” BJ brought about 3 persons on stage during the song, 2 guys (who stage-dived) and a girl who stood by BJ’s side, his arm around her for about a minute, “St Jimmy”, “Boulevard of Broken Dreams”, “Hitchin’ a ride”.

That one was funny. I mean, BJ stopped singing and was looking at the crowd like ‘I-m-expecting-you-to-do-something’ and the crow was chanting ‘Hey oh!’ and I was like ‘1,2,1,2,3,4’ and the funniest was that a guy next to me was looking at me weirdly. And BJ sat down, waiting for us to chant “1,2,1,2,3,4” and I kept doing that until my best friend followed me and soon the all crowd started doing the same and BJ stood up. I know it probably wasn’t me who made everyone do the right thing but I least I made a few people react.

The video wasn't taken by me.

Then it was “Welcome to Paradise”, a little bit of “Give Me Novacaine”, “When I come Around” (I was so f**cking happy they performed it!), “Iron Man” (Black Sabbath cover), “Brain Stew”, “Jaded”, “Longview” (he called 3 people on stage, one of them kissed him and grabbed his package and BJ slapped him XD, one of them couldn’t sing… and one girl with pink hair), “Basket Case” (Fuck yeah!), “She”, “King for a Day” (I’m so glad they did it! I loved Tré screaming during the break), “21 guns” (so beautiful, with all the cellphones glowing…) and the ended it with “American Eulogy”.

They came back for the Encore, and they played “American Idiot”, “Minority” and then it was only Billie Joe in stage with his acoustic guitar. He played “Macy’s Day Parade”, “Tell me when it’s time to say I love you” (I was singing to it, because I knew the lyrics and some guy next to me was staring at me like: how the fuck do you know the lyrics?! Pretty funny XD) and he ended it with the oh-so famous “Good Riddance” and the same guy from earlier starred at me weirdly again because I was crying.
That’s about it. They played for about 2 hours and 20 minutes and it was the best day of my life. I had been waiting for so long for it to happen and it finally did.
I still can’t realize it. I spend most part of the show my mouth slightly open, camera in hands. One of my friends was pushed all the way to the front and he got the chance to get Tré’s drumstick.

I really had the time of my life. I don’t regret anything, except maybe the fact that the crowd didn’t understood BJ when he was speaking. They were just screaming. I guess that’s why he didn’t talk to us that much, but it’s just a detail.
The best thing is, Green Day were so happy of their performances in Toulouse and Paris, and the way the crowd was reacting and the fact that so many people wanted to see them and couldn’t… They said they might come back in France in June 2010 to perform in a stadium…
Let’s just hope they will…
I already told my parents about it, I might be able to see them again. =D

Now a few videos.

The crowd singing “I love rock’n roll”

You can see pictures of the show here

And videos here.

Now, my whole body is aching, and I’m in severe lack of sleep but it so worth it. They are AMAZING live. The way BJ interacts with the crowd and everything…
It felt so weird to be at one of their show, I had been waiting for about 5 years. And it was one of my biggest dreams, so seeing it becoming true, it was just… whoa.
I felt like Lyn from Wreckage, and Athalya from Dreams of Tomorrow all mixed together.

Best night of my entire existence, and it will always be. Sure, I didn’t wait for them after the show to get an autograph neither did I get on stage, I wasn’t in the front neither did I get BJ's pick. I was just another faces in the crowd, but I’m damn proud of it.

Green Day rule the fucking world and my life.
October 3rd, 2009 at 03:12pm