Picture time [And a slight recap of the last two weeks of September]

In my last journal I said that my next journal would have pictures of my bookcases like the one I put up in July. Since July I’ve gone to the bookstore and had my birthday, sweet sixteen! Here are my bookcases. The pictures were taken Tuesday or Wednesday and since then I’ve gotten four or five more books.

First off, my fiction/non fiction books:

Image

The order is: first shelf – favorite authors, second shelf – taller books, third shelf – short books and school books.

Then my fantasy bookcase:

Image

Order: Harry Potter books, taller books, short books and ones that I don’t really care about.

A close-up of my Harry Potter shelf. Since July I’ve gotten another book called Muggles and Magic.

Image

And my vampire bookcase:

Image

Order: Twilight books and the Host, tall books and a crayon box, and short books.

Then the random pictures:

This is Telly the Teaching Time Clock

Image

I got Telly for my birthday because I got my friend a how to learn animal noises toy for her birthday this year.

And this is a picture of abstract edible art that I took on the first day of school.

Image

This is what my costume looked like (I had a Halloween themed Sweet Sixteen so everyone was in costume)

Image

Pictures are done now. The rest is just me blathering on.

September nineteenth was my birthday and my party. It was a lot of fun. Two of my friends tried to make me an ice cream cake but it melted since we didn’t have any room in the freezer. We just gave the melted ice cream to Kelly for her to dip fries in. I ended up getting sick that morning and it didn’t go away. The next day I had work all day so that was fun, I was so out of it.

For most of that week I was sick and I lost my voice but by Saturday, my family party, I was better. Most of my family came and I was really happy to see them. We’re spread out among the state so everyone getting together really only happens on birthdays or in the summer. I got to talk with my cousin about books. That’s really all we do when we’re together, talk about books and movies. When we had a Lord of the Rings marathon in August we were trying to figure out how many books an elf could read in three-thousand years including war-time and peace-time. Her mom wondered what was wrong with us.

The next day I worked again. I’ve been scheduled for long hours lately, between six and seven hours each weekend day that I haven’t requested off. I like working and I’m happy for the hours but sometimes the day just drags on. I’m not going to be getting as long days as often, though, because more people are being hired.

Monday I worked for four hours then my mom picked me up and we went to Khols where I got these really comfy shoes. I love them but I’m afraid to wear them outside of the house because they aren’t the thickest shoes. Then we went to Walmart because I wanted to get a new purse for concerts. I’ve been using one that I got from Hot Topic a few years ago and it’s good but the one I just got can hold my wallet, Jess’s wallet, and hopefully both of our tour shirts.

After that we went to Barnes and Noble where I went crazy. I ended up with fifteen books and then put back the ones that I could live without. I ended up getting:

Touch the Dark by Karen Chance
Dead Until Dark by Charlene Harris
Storm Born by Richelle Mead
Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson
Little Bit Wicked by Kristen Chenoweth
Night World Three by L. J. Smith
Angela’s Ashes by Frank McCourt
Tis by Frank McCourt
Gilmore Girls season seven (it was 50% off so instead of spending sixty dollars I paid thirty, I was very happy)

Then a day or two later I got a Johnny Depp biography from my sister. Then last night we went to the mall and at B. Dalton I got Ivy by Julie Hearn, Guilty Pleasures by Laurel K. Hamilton, and Laughing Corpse by Laurel K. Hamilton.

Off the topic of books. School so far has been kind of hectic. If you read my stories, I’m not sure how often I’ll be able to update. Plus there’s some family stuff happening at the moment. I did update What’s Your Story? the other day, though.
October 4th, 2009 at 04:25am