Two Roads Diverged in Light and Dark

A wise poet once wrote. "Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and I took the one less traveled by. And that has made all the difference." I myself have traveled down a road that through my eyes I could see no one but me. A friend once said. "Live your life, and no one else." I have lived my life, I traveled down the road that has made a difference, but my road was not paved in yellow, or a charismatic blue. It was sculpted out of decay, and heartache, it's longing for pain leading me to every crossroads. With each step I grew closer into darkness, and with each step you mimicked me, only stepping into light. A path diverged none the less. For you see, I took the path of darkness, and trial. While you took the path of light and hope.

As the trees on my path grew thicker, the light you radiated was dimmed. I couldn't see in front of me, could barely even breath. Another wise man said that. "Character is what you do when no one is watching." I see now what I am. I see that the path I took, the path diverged in pain and darkness, lead me to where I am today. I see now that after all of it, your light still shines, bright and hopeful. I see now that the path I walked. Has made all the difference.
October 4th, 2009 at 11:23pm