10/6/09

What makes school worthwhile, mostly, are two people. Sure, the knowledge part is important, and the rest of the social aspect matters. These two people though, they are the reasons why I get p in the morning.
My friends. They're the most comforting people I have ever met outside of immediate family. The two whom this entry is about are people who I have known for less than 14 months.
I didn't know you could care so much for someone else in so little time.
I guess I just didn't have someone worth caring about.
I am speaking of people outside of family. One is born to love one's family. In a way, we were all conditioned to love our families.
This love is meant to be unconditional, but the impact of the effortless love decreases after the love is realized to have been (forced, no, sounds too harsh) suggested rather then chosen.
We choose our friends.
Then we choose friends who we love unconditionally.
I, honestly, don't believe that I "chose" these two. I just think that we were all in the right place at the right time... you know, that sort of thing.
One introduced me to the other. The other was just as easy to love as the one.

Are you following? ;)

They are stressed; I am stressed.
They are tired; I am tired.
They are having a problem; I make it my problem.
They laugh; I laugh.
They sing; I learn the words.
They succeed; I take pride.
They ask for assurance; I find something helpful to say.
They forget to breath; I remind them.

That is who I want to be. At times, who I am.

I hate not knowing what they think. How they feel. What I can do to make them happy, or if they are already happy, happier.

I couldn't ask. I have before. It was awkward.

The awkward parts tend to be amazing though, with my friends.

I usually leave feeling pleasurably uncomfortable. I realize that this doesn't make sense.

I will probably edit this later. Just add stuff.
It's for me. If you read it, cool.
:)
October 7th, 2009 at 05:56am