The phone call

The secretary got the police on the phone and she reported what had been sent in the mail. The sheriff asked to speak to Mike. "Good evening sir how are you today" the cop asked. "Okay until the letter arived." Mike said calmly. "Well I would like to know who you think sent this to you and why they would." The cop spoke in a calm but hastey voice. "well we believe it was the man we are convicting at the moment. and the reason why is because he hates us." Mike said. Mike and the officer chit-chatted a little bit more and then the cop finally said he would do all in his power to catch the guy who did this and that he would send a car to protect mike and his family. Mike hung up the phone and told what the cop had said. "....He would be sending..." Mike stopped as the phone rang. he picked it up, " hello?" He said as he wondered who would be calling him this late at night. "Is this Mike McMann?" the voice said. "yes and who is this?" said mike quickly. " your the one who is working the case against the mob man right?" the voice said acting like he didnt hear mike. "yes and who are you?" Mike said. he was getting scared. "I'm warning you Mike McMann you better drop this case fast...before something happens to you and your family." The voice on the other side was gone with a click. mike was worried he needed to get home as soon as possible to alison.
October 7th, 2009 at 04:50pm