california from a new yorker's perpective

ok, I've just gotten back from a wedding in California.... just barely survived that is.

I don't mean to be offensive to anyone out there, but holy crap u guys are crazy drivers!!!! Seriously, every other person that I saw driving was texting!! I had to literally scream at my aunts to stop at red lights in San Francisco because they have a tendency to floor it into four way traffic wether or not its green or red. >.<

Or maybe its just my family that scares the crap out of me... I don't know, please give me some insight on that for me please?

I met some "cousins", I think they might have been third cousins, I don't know, but goodness me, they were TALL!!! Six feet tall even! They were 16, 18, and 19, and all taller in me in HEELS (which my feet are still moaning at me for) and I'm 16 at 5'3". Its not fair!!! Why didn't I get the tall genes??? Ok, I wouldn't like to be THAT tall, but a little taller would be nice, and they made fun of me for it!!! >.< Whatever, they were the few people that I could hang out with at the wedding because I didn't know anyone there.

well, anywhoo, the landscape was simply AMAZING. I just wanted to just stop and take pictures all the time. Napa Valley is... oh my god, unbelievable. How do you get any work done?

Other than the insane drivers, water rations, and my crazy family from my dad's side, I think it was fantastic and I'd visit more if it weren't for those three things and the fact that it was a $500+ round trip in only flight tickets.

And don't you get me started on those flights... >.< the first two to get there were simply LONG. My dad kept waking me up (we had to get up at 3:30 to get on a 6:00 flight, which, by the way, was 20 minutes late, because I kept dosing off on his shoulder (it was better than the greasy windows) and then we played cards for a good hour. The two back were worse though, for some weird reason, Delta put on My Sister's keeper on for entertainment. Seriously??? Why in the world would anyone would want to watch this depressing movie (don't get me wrong, it was good, just depressing) on a five hour flight. So, I have no idea why, I started getting a panic attack on the plane, which, naturally, I knew that my dad wouldn't help AT ALL, I had to hold through for four hours. And the flight was oddly an hour early, go figure. So we had an hour and a half to wait at the NYC airport. for the second flight, which was cramped and I only had a foot of breathing room and my dad would often squish me to look out the window.

So here was my rant of my weekend in California, hope you liked it,. Haha =)

-Henna
October 12th, 2009 at 07:06pm