Picking Up the Slack.

I haven't said much about what's going on lately with my friends, my cancer, or well, anything. So I figured if I need to let it go, why not do it on the internet? Yeah, right. That's legit. For sure.

Friends/Etc.
Giovanni and I are still together, and it's been... six months today, actually. Whooooop!

Roxxy and Wee Ember are both still healthy, though my best friend and I haven't talked in...months. And I cry every time I think about them. But I'm too scared to make the first desperate attempt at conversation. Help? Suggestions? Somebody tell me, other than my own mind, that I'm being a baby, and need to get it done.

I woke up the other day around noon, and when I came down stairs, waiting on my couch, with dragonfruit juice in hand for me, was Skaander. For those of you who forgot all about him, Skaander was my everything. Until he thought I was out of love with him, and went on living without me. Guess who wants to be in my life again-- for good?

Peter is still an idiot, and is now under house arrest for posession of god know's what. I don't even want to know. Idiot brothers, though sometimes entertaining, don't always warrant a step into their lives just because you cared about them.

Vera is still my shadow, but I guess that now I appreciate her existence. She's not annoying anymore, and when she isn't afraid of hurting me if she hugs me, we hang out. A lot. And I missed that, all those weeks in the hospital. She wrote me a story... And I'm crying right now thinking about it, and how much time she spent on it, and the fact that she wanted to write because I write...and, oh, that girl.. (:

Parents are still fighting, even though they're divorced. Dad jumped ship when I was diagnosed, and was fighting for a hospice stay. HELLO, FATHER, I'M NOT DEAD YET. I love the faith he has in my ability to keep fighting. Mum is still scatterbrained, but at least she's around.

School
I went back to Uni last week, and it's been...ridiculously hard picking back up on the curriculum that I missed. I think I spelled that wrong, but whatever. Made some friends with first years, who are actually my age or older, because I'm the only seventeen year old second year.... Oh well.

Cancer
I'm in remission, so I haven't been to the hospital more than once a week for screenings. It's a nice feeling to be healthy again. It's good to know who my friends are for once, after being so sick-- the ones who still visited even when my hair was falling out, and told me how worth it my life was to keep living. They saved me, and I'm holding on for them.
October 13th, 2009 at 11:46pm