Maturity, people.

Most people don't understand that getting your friends involved in an argument is stupid, immature, and will inflame the situation further. I'm so sick of people getting upset over some tiny thing, dragging their friends into the situation, and having them blow a gasket and make everything 100 times worse. I don't understand why no one can fucking deflate their ego for two minutes and talk things out with another person (or group of people) and have things go back to normal, or at least settle some sort of peace agreement. Okay, I know it's mostly because I'm a fifteen-year-old sophomore and spend most of my time around teenagers who need to get into fights and feed their egos until they explode, but seriously. Is a little maturity too much to ask for? I mean we are getting to the point where you should be acting like an adult and not like a two year old child who throws tantrums every time something goes the slightest bit wrong. But, I digress. Back to the point, getting your friends involved just gets the facts of the dispute distorted, it often causes situations to get blown up WAY more than necessary, and it just plain hurts more people in the end. So, please, the next time you get angry, don't raise an army, because it WILL start a war.
October 15th, 2009 at 01:17am