Help?!

Ok, so here's the situation.

There's this guy. At one point, we were friends... things changed, and our friendship fell apart. It ended in January, and so until June when school was let out, I had to see him everyday. He'd watch me from down the hall, and I'd do the same.

School ended, he graduate, and life was ok. I did try to make amends just before school let out, but he couldn't deal with it then. August rolled around, and I saw him and he recognized me. Sure enough, the next day I had an email, asking me to meet up with him. I said no, I wouldn't then and I never would.

I'm in my school yearbook committee, and before the rest of the school gets the yearbooks, the previous year's grads do. I volunteered to help with that, partially to see him. I did, but he totally ignored me.

The next out, an email flew from my inbox to his. He replied, wanting to meet up to explain everything. The thing is, I have absolutely no clue what to say. Sure, I want to make ends meet, close the friendship for good, but I can't trust myself. I'll fall right back into the trap he played when we first became friends.

My feelings for him change day-to-day pretty much. I can totally hate him one day, and feel sorry for him and want to talk to him the next. These emails we've sent to each other just confuse me more. He's being so kind to me, at least it seems like he's being kind to me, and I don't know how to react.

So now, I'm asking for help. Should I meet up with him, or should I be like, hell no, leave me alone.

The only problem with that last one is that's what I said in August, and then I saw him in September, and I'm going back on that decision.

Right now, I'm more leaning towards the part of me that's saying, yes, let's get together and clear everything up. Of course, I'd make him tell me another date that he's free, because if we do get together the date that he's proposed, it'll be the same day that I first time (and the only time) that I went to his house last year. I don't know if I can have both things on the same day.

I just really have no clue what to do.
October 16th, 2009 at 12:15am