Say WHAT?! Someone thinks I'm remotely attractive?

Here I am, freshly turned 16 years old, and I think I’m just now becoming an interest to a few guys besides giving them the answers in class. I wasn’t prepared for any of this to happen. Usually, my crushes were unrealistic, like on the hottest and sweetest guy in my grade, or the grade above. Last year, I developed quite a crush on a sweet and cute country-boy sophomore, mostly to get over a previous crush who was now happily engaged in a romantic interest. It was hard NOT to like “Boots”, as I call him in secret. I mean, the guy proposed to me in Geometry! (Joke or not, it sure got my heart thumpin’..) He even jokingly told me that he thought he and I had a future together. I was thrilled. Keep in mind this was last year. Now that I don’t have him in any classes, I don’t get to talk to him much. I recently found out that he was dating someone now, a girl from my grade. Don’t expect me to be all like, “OMG I wanna kill that <censored>!” She’s nice enough, but now I know that he was way outta my lead and all the flirting was just a joke. So what? There’s other fish, so they say…
Those other fish are the reason for this whole journal. I. Am. Most. Definitely. Getting. Hit. On. It’s a scary thing, when a girl realizes for the first time that SOMEONE might like you, you know? You know what I mean, girls? As happy as I am for being hit on, and I AM happy, I know that I definitely can NOT play hard to get, because I think, in a way, I already am hard to get, since I tend to shy away from intimacy. (Minus my dreams ;) ) Who knows? Maybe none of these guys like me that way? Though I’m pretty sure that at least ONE does, since he did something today that weirded me out a bit (another story, another day). I thought that one guy liked me, then thought that maybe he didn’t, and then maybe he did again. Wanna hear the story?
Ok, so first he was smiling a lot at me, and making extra jokes, looking at me a lot. I had this loose string on my shoulder-bag, so he naturally tried to pull it off with a, “You got something here.” I was just joking when I said, “Whatcha doing? Trying to be sneaky so that you can have your hand on my shoulder?” and he’s like, “No. If I wanted to do that, I would just do this.” At which point he put his hand on my shoulder and kept it there for a while. On the second day that I saw him after school, we were talking about something with a group of friends and for some reason he reached out his arm casually and grabbed my arm. “Whoa, flex for me.” he said. I pretended to flex, but didn’t really. “No, seriously flex.” he said. When I did, he was like, “Geez, Hercules over here.” Do you see a pattern? He seemed to want to touch me a lot, which he hadn’t done before. The only time I see this guy is after school, so it’s not like we see each other much. Finally, a couple of days ago, he was showing everyone his new phone. When the group split apart so that some of us could get on buses, I started to walk away. I heard him say, “Hey, Megan.” He was beckoning towards him. My heart started to thump, naturally. I had always had a mini-crush on this guy. When I get up to him, he puts his arm around my shoulders and gives me a little half hug. “Bye, Megan.” he says, and I give him a hesitant squeeze back. Then he’s all like, “I saw that arm there.” while we were walking away from each other. Of course he’s all smiley. “Well, it’s not like I’m not going to hug back!” I say, feeling stupid. Anyways, that’s what happened with that guy. I want to know if you think he was flirting with me, and if you think he really likes me.
Ok, second guy. This guy’s a year younger than me, a freshman. First of all, my friend “dated” him for like, a week. She broke up with him because they weren’t getting to see each other at all during the week. I know it’s bad to date your friends’ exes, but I think this particular friend wouldn’t mind much, especially since they’re still friends and all. But I’m getting ahead of myself. Things that he’s done include lots of touching, hugging, talking, flirting, and recently, as of today, something that was mentioned before but I’m not going to detail for you, sorry 8/ Let’s just say that it was a little disturbing and I’m still not sure what happened between me and him (wink wink). When he’s messing with my hair or has his arms wrapped around me, a friend of mine simply says, “Off.” Yesterday, when this happened, she added a, “She’s mine and you can’t have her.” To which he replied, “Can’t we share her?” Yes, even though he IS a freshman (I’m a sophomore), and his IS my friend’s ex, I think he’s starting to grow on me. The friend that I mentioned before with the “off” thing? She thinks I should ask him to homecoming, and another friend thinks we should get together. Keep in mind that I have NO experience WHATSOEVER in this category. Never been kissed. Never been asked out. (I know you’re thinking boo hoo, get over it.) Now that there’s a possibility that I could change my Facebook status from “single” to “in a relationship”, I’m starting to freak. In the meantime, it’s nice to know that I’m found attractive by SOMEONE. Thanks for reading, and I’d like to hear from you and what you think!
~Megan 8o)
P.S. Keep in mind that I'm NOT a brave girl, so suggestions like, GO FOR IT GIRL!, though appreciated, will probably not be followed through. Thanks again 8)
October 16th, 2009 at 03:14am